Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Orion Solutions, Cardiff, then again no!

dp400

Im on the lookout for a Carrera or C2S in midnight blue with low miles, IMS bearing done, no bore score etc etc for £25k.

So I was encouraged to see this come up when surfing the net...

https://www.orionsolutions.co.uk/po...manual-low-miles-in-cardiff-glamorgan-6194174

I ring the dealer up, he says the car is cosmetically immaculate and is away at the local Porsche dealer at the moment getting an engine rebuild as we speak! He says he didi the rebuild because was going to keep the car for he's son but a change of circumstances means its now up for sale and will be back with him by the weekend. Great I think, I'll go see and at the weekend and try to do a deal to buy it.

So I decide to do a bit of due diligence first and do a company check. It turns out this dealer has been featured on Rogue Traders before under the old company name of Williams Motor Co. and has loads of BAD reviews on the net, so I guess its back to the drawing board for me!

I knew it was too good to be true! :hand:

So if anyone knows of a midnight blue manual Carrera or C2S with less than 70K miles, no bore score, IMS replaced for £25k please let me know.[/u]

I ring the dealer up, he says the car is cosmetically immaculate and is away at the local Porsche dealer at the moment getting an engine rebuild as we speak! He says he didi the rebuild because was going to keep the car for he's son but a change of circumstances means its now up for sale and will be back with him by the weekend.

:hand:

I'm surprised they didnt add it was one careful lady owner

dp400

good on you to check out the company and walk away :thumb:

FYI - Orion Solutions one to avoid based on this

Some may recall BBC Watchdog Rogue Trader's featured Williams Motor Company in Cardiff, being run by Andrew Williams.

Clip : BBC Watchdog Clip on YouTube

At position 16:18 in the above clip, it would seem the Celica GT4 which, is very rare, especially in the same county, is advertised on Autotrader below;

Celica GT4 advert

The number plate cover states a company name of 'Autopia Solutions'. This is believed to the be company set up, using the same address of the original shown in the Watchdog clip. This is what con artists do, just start again, under a new name, new address and new faces if needed. Looks like this con artist is now currently trading under;

Orion Solutions

Unit 16 Gripoly Mills, Sloper Road, Cardiff, South Wales, CF11 8AA

02920 371880

http://www.orionsolutions.co.uk/

Should there not be some sort of accreditation scheme in the motor trade? Aside from your house, your car is your largest purchase yet is completely unregulated.

If you have been ruled against be Trading Standards, then this should be searchable in a proper database, so individuals who pre-pack their companies and pop up somewhere else can be traced.

Either that or chop their Bo**ocks off ! .... :grin:

Porschekit said:
Either that or chop their Bo**ocks off ! .... :grin:

Most of them havent got ant mate , which is why they phoenix multiple times. :grin:

Surely it's worth checking what the rebuild is having done? That is a cheap car, with sport chrono, so worth checking the car out even if the dealer has a crap rep. Go in eyes wide open.......

resigner said:
Surely it's worth checking what the rebuild is having done? That is a cheap car, with sport chrono, so worth checking the car out even if the dealer has a crap rep. Go in eyes wide open.......

Yep thats a fair point. I called the dealer back this morning and he claims the car is at www.welshporsche.co.uk for the engine work. So I looked them up and called the number, when the guy answered I told him Id like some info on the car they have in from Orion to which he said hes in a meeting and can I call back later. When he answered the phone he just said "hello", not "hello welsh porsche" like how you would expect a company to answer the phone. I'll call back later this afternoon.

So I looked into Welsh Porsche on google and Ive found info saying they went under in 2007! Also its listed on the dealers website with exactly the same mileage on as it was when it was MOT'd in July 2017.

Id love for this car to be genuine, because if it is its exactly what I want. If the dealer wasnt 3 1/2 hours drive away I'd pop over and check it out but it all seems dodgy to me.

Welsh Porsche seem to have a nice looking website, so probably rose from the ashes back in 2007. Anyone on here used or know of them?

You can conduct a lot of due diligence remotely, with photos, conversations etc. Welsh Porsche may not give you any info unless Orion has said they can, data protection and all that.

But yes, shields up...

If you can, find out more about the rebuild, exactly what it encompasses and why.

Personally I would just walk away. Known fraudsters with a tempting deal.... engine rebuilds...every red light should be flashing.

Going to turn out alright in the end...eh NO.

jerzybondov said:
I'd steer away from this one to be honest. Way too many red flags...

I probably will.

I just called Welsh Porsche back. He said he's sent the engine off to a private company in ledbury to get the liners of 4,5 & 6 replaced. He said they are putting in steel liners?

He recons he's had the car since Christmas but currently has a bad back so wont be able to finish the rebuild for another couple of weeks. :chin:

I asked him if they are called Welsh Porsche and he said yes. When I asked of they stopped trading in 2007 he said oh yes, we did, I went to live in spain but have come back now for financial reasons.

dodgy, dodgy dodgy I think!

yeah, run a mile. Steel Liners........ Jesus. He also used there instead of their in the advert which red flags him for me by itself :)

Run Forest, Run... :bye:

Plenty out there, the right car will be along soon enough.

I hope you don't get too frustrated with the search. I took 5 months to find the right car with loads of viewings. One thing I found once I had the car was I missed the thrill of the chase. Enjoy the search and settle on your car, rather than fear of missing out. You'll be rewarded in the end :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back