Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Friends Green Porsche - Bad Experience now Resolved, but...

AMAZING the OP joins the forum less than a week ago, post a justifiable moan and then gets an 8 page thread out of it, that's like scoring a hat trick on your debut .

Some members don't even get 8 views sometimes.

All I can say is he better redeem himself pronto by buying a great 911 and posting lots of nice pictures on here.

He owes us right !

2018's most entertaining thread so far, just goes to prove bad stuff is often more interesting than good stuff.

Might add it to the threads that rocked.

FGP royally ***** up, doesn't sound like anyone I'd like to do business with.

However, the internet usually forgets. Who's that place in London, sure they're still trading despite the many bad customer experiences.

UBS? :dont know:

sim996 said:
FGP royally ***** up, doesn't sound like anyone I'd like to do business with.

However, the internet usually forgets. Who's that place in London, sure they're still trading despite the many bad customer experiences.

HWM.

Tomo said:
So what happens to the car in question now? Seems it will just be sold on to the next poor soul with the trader in full knowledge the engine has a serious issue. Nice.

If the OP has the reg number then he could post it here :dont know:

A Google search would bring a potential buyer to this thread :cop:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
Tomo said:
So what happens to the car in question now? Seems it will just be sold on to the next poor soul with the trader in full knowledge the engine has a serious issue. Nice.

If the OP has the reg number then he could post it here :dont know:

A Google search would bring a potential buyer to this thread :cop:

:thumb:

W352VLC

The MOT in August 2017 shows it was well cared for.

:floor:

tHQP4s2.png

Much like PeterS I too was expecting a completely different story following on from the title - loss of control/traction perhaps whilst out in an usual colour of Porsche :D .

I read the first couple of pages and then the last few as in a short time the post had turned into War and Peace . Anyway I think we should all move on. Nothing to see here :wink: .

FGP was perhaps wrong in not offering a full refund but I can also understand his position if they had both agreed to get the work done. Legally I have no idea where each stands or stood but perhaps £250 was a fair amount to lose because you changed your mind. Fools rush in and all that.....

Anyway the last couple of pages read like a pack of hyena. FGP has been taken down and everyone dives in. Schadenfreude is not an attractive trait and perhaps the moderators should take the thread down pending the outcome or at least lock it.

Just my opinion of course.

Pip

The OP has already lost a few hundred quid on a ppi due to the claims in the advert by FGP, whilst FGP lost no money whatsoever.

Dealers play the innocent ignorance game too much in this trade and anyone who still practices like this should be challenged.

I really don't get how FGP and some members don't get it.

Even the site owner has challenged and stood up to them for how they've behaved.

I don't see a pack of hyenas. On other fora, this would not have ended so well.

I really hope that the lessons are learned here: you need to check the car out properly, you need to do all your homework, and you need to stand by what you say.

I'm looking forward to the OPs new car thread.

As Alex pointed out, it failed its MOT in August last year. Also worth noting that it didn't pass until February this year, so it's spent almost 6 months without an MOT. Not a big deal perhaps (if it's a cosseted garage queen etc) BUT in the last 6 months it's done nearly 400 miles! Assuming the owner was a law abiding motorist, I'm sure they wouldn't have been on the public highway, so...... on a track perhaps...? :D Or maybe just being punted around various traders, then webuyanycar then BCA and finally in pride of place at FGP! Who knows..?

Anyway, regarding the "pack of hyena" comment - any business dealing with Jo Public and employing sharp practices such as in this instance can have both barrels as far as I'm concerned. For crying out loud, FGP wasn't even out of pocket and no work had started - he simply wanted to keep the money that had been paid in good faith.

MaxA said:
I don't see a pack of hyenas. On other fora, this would not have ended so well.

I really hope that the lessons are learned here: you need to check the car out properly, you need to do all your homework, and you need to stand by what you say.

I'm looking forward to the OPs new car thread.
Max
I'm with you. The take away I get from this whole episode is that you need to do your due diligence on the car and the dealer. I know the dealer feels hard done by but to play with top marques you're going to need to lift your game as so that it's beyond reproach. Hopefully he takes note, does lift his vision to be longer term so that he can be a trusted advisor in the Porsche community in the future. If he does t well then it's safe to say he won't have a future.
People's opinions have a lifespan...the internet is for ever

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back