Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trolley jack

steve1

Hi guys
Have been looking for a low level trolley jack (hope that's the right term ) that will get under a 996 to jack from the lower arm front and back.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Steve

...I have an old low rise snap on trolley jack which is great accept it literally weighs a bloody ton! Must be 40kgs!!

I have a slightly less heavy Halfords which I use for quick and dirty jobs...

The Halfords one is fine for handyman jobs. They do a bundle with a couple of car stands and chocks for £50 or so

Clarke do some cheaper ones too, worth a trip to Machine Mart if it's local.

This one won Auto Express's test in October:

Clarke Strong Arm 2.25 Tonne Low Profile Trolley Jack CTJ2250LP
Price: £48
Rating: ★★★★★

Another win for this well thought-out jack which comes complete with a pair of double-ended sockets in common wheel nut sizes and a handle that doubles as a wrench. Sports car drivers or those with lowered suspension will love this jack because it's a low-entry design needing just 80mm or so to get under the car. Despite this, it required 17 pumps to reach our 200mm test height – impressive considering the distance it had to travel. The saddle wasn't the biggest, but it did feature a protective rubber insert. A winning combination.

EGTE said:
ontheloop said:
These are actually made by Compaq (Danish).
Same jacks can be bought more cheaply from Compaq (or agents).
+1 for the WDK13HLQ. It's a great piece of kit, and was the one recommended by Pelican parts for lifting a 996 from the rear lower wishbone mounts/crossmember. Low enough to lift my 996T, which was pretty low at the jacking points once you include a puck.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back