Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

One mans obsession with dirt.....or lack of it...

markturner1960

While I wait for the nasty salt and mud to disappear from our roads, the GT3 is in the workshop getting some TLC and attention. She had not had a proper going over since the summer road trip .

Last time I cleaned the underside, I used a clear coating to cover everything, however, it has turned an unsightly yellowy milky colour, so I have decided to remove it, using my trusty soda blaster and this time, just use lots of Boeshield T9 and WD40 on all the Ali, which will be rinsed off and re applied regularly.

She has come up pretty well, however, I feel I am in for some painting costs as the cills are completely peppered by grit from the wheels and my front bumper is now pretty chipped after the iberia track day sortie......

I am also going to get the coolant hoses welded and all replaced along with the water pump in the next few months, up at Fearnsport I think......

As that's an engine out job, I will also get them to completely clean and polish the parts of the engine I can't reach from underneath as well as all the underside areas, hidden by the engine......

Oil and filter change next job.....

Now that's clean !!!

I hope you enjoy getting it dirty again.... :thumb:

There are therapy groups for your kind. :thumb:

MC

That is jaw dropping! How many hours work?!

Medical like cleanliness. :thumb:

Can I ask just how old the car is?

Can't believe you accept that rust on the internal vents of your discs.......ought to be prosecuted!! :grin: :wink:

Seriously........mint undercarriage.......impressed Mark, seriously impressed :thumbs:

Holy sh*t that's clean!!

Who carried out the cleaning for you?

Impressive, that puts many manufacturers prepped race cars to shame :thumb:

OMFG :eek:

A 15year old car!

:goodjob:

:salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:

How many miles?

I do all the cleaning and restoration bits myself, I am lucky enough to have space at my business where I have a 2 post lift and indoor storage for the cars..... This clean took me about 4 days in total. Its very messy using the soda blaster, fine white dust everywhere.....but it really works in getting stuff off....

Despite what it looks like, the car gets plenty of use, did 5000 miles last year, including one Pyrenees road trip, a trip to the Evo triangle, several sunny Sunday morning blasts, at least 5 track days including Estoril, Portimao and Jerez as well a few meets etc......

She is now on 40,000 miles. I am just one of those people who cant stand dirt, corrosion, and imperfections on my cars, and I do believe that the car should be used as it was designed. However, I do of course avoid driving in the rain wherever possible and of course not in winter......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back