Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche 996 tt aero kit front spoiler lip protector

glennfpayton

Hi All

Just a question, my 996tt has the aero kit (Which i love), but i am very nervous that i will damage the front spoiler as it is quiet low to the ground. There is nothing on the bottom of the spoiler, and was wondering if there was a small sacrificial lip protector that i can install to help protect the spoiler? Not sure if anything exists but thought I would ask. otherwise i will just be very careful when going over bumps, not to stop damage just for an audiable reference that it is touching the ground.

As always any pointers into if these exist and where to buy would be a great help.

Regards

Glenn

The splitter across the bottom of the front bumper is all you get. They are about £400 or more to replace too. Be careful.

MC

The lip itself is 1-piece.

You can make your own sacrificial piece if you want, but you'll be reducing the ground clearance

You just have to be VERY CAREFUl. Nothing other the PU lower edge and it splits and breaks on the slightest brush with a hump or pothole or kerb edge.

Its expensive to replace. OPC price is c£600 plus spraying to colour match
You won't ser change from £800 to replace it.

Pointless adding any sacrificial DIY piece - it lowers ground clearance even more.

Glenn, a few guys get them clear wrapped it goes some way to protecting it from scuffs but really they are a consumable and budget to replace every 12 24 months dependant on OCD levels :thumb:
is yours painted or in the original matt black if the later get some very fine wet and dry and a bottle of Gtechniq C4 permanant trim restorer a very light rub with the finest wet and dry you can find and an application of C4 will bring it back to almost new.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gtechniq...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I've never had problems that require GTechniq but mine is sprayed to body colour. The main issue is scrapes on the underside. There is limited flex if this happens and it splits near the air vents along the bottom edge.

The other area is parking nose in to a kerb. Misjudge the kerb and the spoiler splits all along the bottom edge.

If the cost of replacement is an issue, replace it with the standard factory black edge under the PU.

Thanks for the advice. The kit is body coloured silver and is armoured guarded. I will just be careful when driving it and not park nose into any curbs.

I suggest you consider the splitter a consumable, much like tyres or brake pads...

I've replaced mine 3 times in 3 years...

Thanks All I will view it as a consumable. I have had a look at the pictures I took and can see it is just the small strip at the bottom (I thought it was all one piece!) so much more comfortable now I see it just the small piece. Would be interesting in knowing where you buy your replacements from though as it looks like I will need to have a company on speed dial!

Regards

Glenn

I just bought a spare in readiness for mine, its low and will at some point be destroyed, but thats the caveat of it looking so good. You are lucky though a 997 Turbo one cost me £1500 !!

Aero on the 996 also makes the car !!

1500 is eye watering. Agree it makes the car look great though so happy to pay if needed. Hopefully not done on a regular occasion though😀

I've just bought an ebay one...seems good so far.

Hi Simonsti, how much did it cost of ebay if you dont mind me asking?

Just good to know you can get them pretty easily.

Regards

Glenn

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back