Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

JS1500 said:
How good does black look with ambers, by the way?!
8)

I have some clears on the way for the front but I may look out for the amber rears as I must say the amber does look killer against the black.

wasz said:
Interesting reading about the new categories:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...-new-insurance-write-off-categories-explained

Previous C / D was based purely on financials rather than level of damage. C being total claim exceeding the value of the car and D being claim exceeds certain % of the value of the car.

Now S refers to structural and N non structural damage which will give buyers much more piece of mind when the seller sys "it was just a bumper mate" and they see the N on the history.

It certainly clarifies the amount of damage as opposed to just showing the results of a financial calculation. :thumb:

Good things come to those who wait. :thumb:

I'm glad a car finally turned up for you. I look forward to you bringing it up to your usual standard.

Good move with the steering wheel too. I'll be swapping my grey one for a black one as well as fitting black mats. I just need to decide whether I'm going with a black 3 spoke or the Cup wheel.

Subscribed. :popcorn:

kas750 said:
JS1500 said:
How good does black look with ambers, by the way?!
8)

I have some clears on the way for the front but I may look out for the amber rears as I must say the amber does look killer against the black.

That did strike me about this car- I'd go fully amber, looks great.

Marky911 said:
Good move with the steering wheel too. I'll be swapping my grey one for a black one as well as fitting black mats. I just need to decide whether I'm going with a black 3 spoke or the Cup wheel.

Subscribed. :popcorn:

I want to do the same, my interior is a sea of grey, so a black cup wheel should break it up nicely

Looks like a great project, looking forward to all the updates. It's amazing the difference something as simple as changing the steering wheel has totally changed the interior :thumbs:

Nice one chum :thumb: Are you going to do anything with the leather on the seats as one reminds me of my scrotum after I've got out of a very warm bath :what:

Zingari said:
Nice one chum :thumb: Are you going to do anything with the leather on the seats as one reminds me of my scrotum after I've got out of a very warm bath :what:

Sat in a coffee shop in the City waiting to go to a lunch appointment. Coffee now half way across the table.... PMSL

Osh

Amber rears on an early black coupe !?? Damn!!

There is a tipping point when a car gets to a certain age that you stop trying to make it look newer and you revel in its past.

Talk me into it!! :frustrated: :oops:

If it was my car there's no question in my mind at all - it'd be amber all round.

The original Pinky Lai design was done for amber indicators - look at the way they take the shut-line between front PU and bonnet/wings in gentle arcs through each light. You lose that with the clear indicators, and I think it's loses an element of the design.

Once you decide that the amber headlights are what you want then (again, I personally) would have to make everything match.

I made my later, Litronic lights amber:

35517396281_e55b2285e0_b.jpg

And whilst my car is in for a complete re-spray I've asked the sprayer to look at painting the lights permanently, replacing the vinyl.

Do it!

Zingari said:

What do you do to correct it? After a long soak in water iron it smooth?

And would the same work on the seats?

Well done Ady, you got one in the end :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back