Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Doug DeMuro on the 'bargain' 2007 997.1 Turbo

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
I think the "997" Porsche 911 Turbo is an amazing bargain, with some models selling for close to $50,000 -- and here's why.

I've been watching Doug's vids for a few years now - I find him entertaining, enthusiastic and quite watchable really. :thumb:

Whist Doug may be slightly annoying, I think he is spot on with his summary that these are indeed such great VFM sports cars.

His example has the no go beige interior but I could live with the olive paint. Gearbox choice is a personal one with both sides happy.

Martian said:
Scholester said:
....the no go beige interior...

Sand Beige was my first preference when I was looking. Love the light and airy feel it brings to the interior.

Agree I loved my old 996 interior but my Indy hated it :floor:

Attachments

• b2d0e047_0315_4e97_8c79_a729897cc153_159.jpeg
    b2d0e047_0315_4e97_8c79_a729897cc153_159.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 2,316
I also quite like Doug S videos .... no pretence .... no sh*te like JWW or Schmee(shmuck more like)....
This guy is a far more down to earth dude ... having said that I don't know if the ability to compare them is fair as I've totally banned myself from watching the 2 latter Tw4ts......
The car is easily THE n ext classic ......no 2 ways about it in my opinion .....

On the colour schemes...

I do think that external/interior schemes are country & conditions specific after having lived in South East Asia for a number of years ...

I regularly saw a 997 Turbo in Macadamia with Savannah interior ....in the sunny , hot conditions there , it was a beautiful car .... still one of my favourite 997 colours ( in the right country) ... but the same combination here in UK under our light conditions just isn't quite as good a scheme ...

I really like the dark olive on the 997 it's one of the colours that entertains by changing in different light ....

Although my car is B.B. , and I love it ......the GT Silver also is up there for me .....it's one of the best in UK light ...

Scholester said:
His example has the no go beige interior but I could live with the olive paint. Gearbox choice is a personal one with both sides happy.

You are wrong. This car has the optional natural leather in brown. After 80K mls every interior looks less appealing due to wear and shine.
But in like new condition brown is gorgeous.

2rwl3wy.jpg

DVR said:
Scholester said:

You are wrong. This car has the optional natural leather in brown. After 80K mls every interior looks less appealing due to wear and shine.
But in like new condition brown is gorgeous.

2rwl3wy.jpg

Natural is very different from Beige/Sav. I agree that it looks stunning and is helped by the liberal use of black highlighting and the carbon bucket seats shown are just magnificent.

In my opinion, all single colour lighter couloured interiors would benefit from a splash of black - especially the steering wheel.

Natural looks great and ages well

Beige = old man leather, requires a teak steering wheel, leather gloves and a straw hat on the rear shelf

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back