Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I need ...

Osh

Guys

In September I've signed up to a Gumball Rally type event

I can spend a MAXIMUM of £500 on the car I buy

If I can I'd like to source either a 924 or a 944 - it needs to be mechanically sound (so it can do the distance) - don't mind the body work being a little rough as we can 'play with that'

It will also get wrapped, too

If anyone can help source a car that can do this is be keen to hear from you. It needs an MOT, the engine, gearbox and running gear are in good working order ....

The rest - can be handled

Ta guys

Osh

That is a tall ask to find a solid car for £500

Is your heart set on a Porsche?

That`s a tough budget Osh, best of luck with the project though :thumb:

I`ve been looking for a cheap Boxster for a track car, a couple of years ago there were loads for a couple of grand, nothing around now :nooo:

Osh said:
Guys

In September I've signed up to a Gumball Rally type event

I can spend a MAXIMUM of £500 on the car I buy

If I can I'd like to source either a 924 or a 944 - it needs to be mechanically sound (so it can do the distance) - don't mind the body work being a little rough as we can 'play with that'

It will also get wrapped, too

If anyone can help source a car that can do this is be keen to hear from you. It needs an MOT, the engine, gearbox and running gear are in good working order ....

The rest - can be handled

Ta guys

Osh

Have a word with Zingari on sourcing a half a bag 993

:floor:

Good luck Osh!! Sounds great fun. I was tempted to do 'scumball rally' a while back.

Personally, I'd try and find something similar within your budget and stick Porsche badges all over it and just tell folk it's a Porsche 924. Like a 200sx or a mk3 mr2 and put boxster badges on it.........you need to be really convincing though.....dressing like Joey off friends may help. :thumb:

I nearly did a Ramshackle Rally a few years ago :thumbs:

Just buy a Van and do this:

68c467884da2da07e48139c63c83fe8a.jpg

:thumb:

Ta guys

HSC - that might be a better idea!

Osh

Or cheat/lie about the cost - AFAIK thats usally allowed/expected in this kind of event, its just how big your cahones are - to get away with the lie :D

I did one a few years ago, also at a budget of £500. I bought a MK4 Golf V6 $ motion - at least it's german if you're not set on a Porker.

Do you need a co-pilot :dont know:

Morning all

Just thought I'd bump this to back on the radar; I'm now actively looking to buy a car to do this charity rally and wanted to ask fellow members to keep their eyes open for any possible target car. And i'm going to dump the idea of a 924/944 as there will be 4 adults (yeah, right...) on the trip

So the event starts at Brands Hatch on 19th September and ends up, 3 days later, in Marseilles. The only stipulation I must follow is that the car cannot have a 'purchase price' of greater than £500 – though I can (obviously) spend more money to, er, service the car or make sure its safe and capable of doing the journey. :thumb:

So, what I'm looking for is something like:

Something that's at least 2 or 2.5 ltr in engine size
4 door saloon or an estate
An old 5-series or 7-series BMW
An old Audi A6/A8
An old Jag
An old Volvo
An Merc 200/300 e-class or similar
Possible a Saab 95

will consider something else if anyone can come up with a good contender...

It obviously must be safe, have good brakes, and capable of doing the journey.

The paintwork and stuff is not important – we'll be 'decorating' the car as the theme will be The Walking Dead; so if anyone knows a car dealer with such a vehicle for sale – maybe something that's been taken in part-ex or something, or a fellow member who wants to get rid of an old car – or if you see anything while out on your travels, then please, please think of me.

Please PM me with any possible target vehicles.

Cheers guys – will try and put some photos up when the car is done

Osh

Ahhh, a Ford Mondeo...?? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Osh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back