Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Radiator fan needed... non OE OK?

Robertb

It turns out one of the radiator fans (not the resistor) has failed on my 4S, so I need to replace it.

An OE one from D911 is over £400, but Euro Car Parts have an H Tech branded one for £200, carparts4less have the same for £108, that's quite a saving...

Anyone tried a non OE fan?

If you go OE, get a price from your OPC, it will be cheaper than D911

Euro & Car Parts 4 less are the same company

If you go down the ecp or cp4l route create an account and they will send you money off emails every week, normally at the weekend which are sometime better than the ones they have on the site.

If you don't want to make an account you can also always use this "cp15less" discount code for anything over £100 and it gives you £15 off, over £75 cp10less give £10 off and over £50 cp5less £5 off and these always seem to work.

:thumb:

Something like a fan is fine to use non OEM parts for .

Porsche dont actually make many parts they get other companys to make them so it may turn out to be the same manufactuor !

Brilliant, thanks guys. Will order up the cheapo one with the discount codes above.
:thumbs:

Supplementary question @ Demort... can I change it from the wheelarch side, or do I need to remove the front PU etc?

By all means have a go from the wheel arch area but im pretty sure you will end up removeing the PU and the radiator bracket to be able to replace it .

Ive only ever replaced radiators im afraid and the fan is removed from the Rad after it has been removed to swop over .

I think I have a spare one in the garage - I just need to make sure I didn't bin it during my last clear out.... the resistor is broken though. You can have it if it is still there.. I am in Oxford if you are able to pick it up and you haven't ordered a replacement already.. (it is used)

I bought it off eBay from a breakers a few years ago but the resistor was faulty..

I don't think it is handed..

lethallegend72 said:
I think I have a spare one in the garage - I just need to make sure I didn't bin it during my last clear out.... the resistor is broken though. You can have it if it is still there.. I am in Oxford if you are able to pick it up and you haven't ordered a replacement already.. (it is used)

I bought it off eBay from a breakers a few years ago but the resistor was faulty..

I don't think it is handed..

That's very kind... having looked, a new resistor (I could risk splicing the existing one in on the basis that it is the fan that's failed, the resistor may be ok, or not) is nearly as much as a whole fan from CP4Less, so I'll run with the new one. Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated. :thumbs:

Fair point... I will check the resistor is included when I order.

Robertb said:
It turns out one of the radiator fans (not the resistor) has failed on my 4S, so I need to replace it.

An OE one from D911 is over £400, but Euro Car Parts have an H Tech branded one for £200, carparts4less have the same for £108, that's quite a saving...

Anyone tried a non OE fan?

Robertb,

Do you have the part no from Euro car parts / carparts4less as the one for 4S - partno 213330120 is over £500 on ECP (£362 with current discount) and £300 CP4L (£259 with current discount)

I can not find the H Tech on both sites for 4S - the only H Tech i can find part no 213330091 is non-4S. is this the one you went for and did you have any problems fitting to 4S?

Hi, I haven't got round to ordering of fitting it yet... I must confess I was not aware that there was a distinction.

I was just going to run with the one that came up on ECP from my reg no.

I'd be very interested to know if this is wrong, cheers for the heads up... sorry I can't be any help!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back