Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche 992

agate grey

Just heard a rumour that the factory won't be producing petrol driven cars from 2nd quarter because the focus is on electric propulsion until production starts for the new 992

that rumour is about 10 years early

The truth will be known as soon as somebody tries to order a new 991 and is told that they won't get one as the production slots are full.

I suspect that time is close as the factory shuts down for summer break in July and when it re-opens it'll be the 992 they concentrate on.

I can't see it has anything to do with 'electric propulsion' though. There might be a hybrid 992 in the range but the vast majority will be petrol only.

T8, that makes sense, I've just picked up a copy of this months Total 911 and it has a brief covering of the 992 and it states it may be launched during the autumn of this year and Porsche will reveal the 992 at the Paris Motor Show in October, perhaps that's why the production will be stopped.

Do they produce any electric car till yet? if yes which one is that? Please let me know. Thank you

johnpegal said:
Do they produce any electric car till yet? if yes which one is that? Please let me know. Thank you

918 :dont know:

:grin:

johnpegal said:

The fully electric Taycan (formerly Mission E) will be available to order early in 2019 for delivery later in the year.

Google is your friend for more details.

The last I heard was that a hybrid 911 wont be available until the 992.2 is launched in a few years time.

I thought it was common knowledge that the 992 would have a 48v electrical system and kers type technology to boost the performance

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back