Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Duration to remove & reinstall centre console?

Carrerascott

Whats the general consensus on approx. number of workshop hours to remove existing centre console including front & rear storage and reinstall on 997.1?

Been meaning to replace mine for ages but never seem to get the time and then worried I will damage something. Considering just giving it to my Indy to do next time the car is in but just wondering what to expect.

Thanks

I would expect an experienced indy to remove a centre console in 30 mins and re install in similar :thumb: :thumb:

30 mins to take off, but if ya getting it painted then will be longer cos you don't wanna risk the center console being scratched :thumb: so you take your time putting it back !

J

-- 997 -- said:
30 mins to take off, but if ya getting it painted then will be longer cos you don't wanna risk the center console being scratched :thumb: so you take your time putting it back !

J

Naa .. no fun if no risk !!

Electric gun .. hell of a lot quicker useing that (T20 and T30 ) .

Demort said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

Naa .. no fun if no risk !!

Electric gun .. hell of a lot quicker useing that (T20 and T30 ) .

:thumb: what the hell, sod it, pneumatic gun at full speed, and a cup of tea!! :grin:

J

It took me about an hour to remove mine having never done it before and an hour to reinstall as you don't want to scratch it but I'd say 30mins each way for an experienced Tec.
In the centre consol group buy thread there is a very comphrensive removal and install guide :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back