Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Xenon headlamps

Cybot7

Can anyone recommend a kit for 2001 3.4 996 and who to fit them in the Surrey area. I am past spannering. I'd rather spend my time in the pub...... when I'm not driving

This lot are great - fitted some to my '04 X5.
https://www.hids4u.co.uk/H7-HIDS4U-Stealth-35W-Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit.html

I can't recall if the 996.1 has projector lights or reflectors, you will need to order the right ones.

Your local indy will fit them for you.

But seriously they are so easy to fit, even I managed it. Plenty of room around and even in a 996 light unit to fit the ballasts. No spanners required.

The new MOT rules which come into effect later in the year make it a fail if HIDs are retrofitted. I have them in my 996.2 with projector lenses so will see what happens at MOT time, but in reflector lenses I am sure they will be spotted so now may not be a good time to fit them.

JKH112 said:
The new MOT rules which come into effect later in the year make it a fail if HIDs are retrofitted. I have them in my 996.2 with projector lenses so will see what happens at MOT time, but in reflector lenses I am sure they will be spotted so now may not be a good time to fit them.
Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back