Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed Yellow 996 with Aero Kit, M030 & LSD

captain caveman said:
I don't get it when people say its high miles.
Its a 17 year old car at the end of the day where day to day driving would have it up over 180k by now.
100k maybe high for the model but i,d say its low for the age.

Because most cars only do 10k a year for the first few years. Very few do 10k a year forever. Hence "average" annual mileage decreases over time. Given that annual mileage profile, anything over 100k is seen (by some) as high mileage. That's not to say the car can't take it, or that it isn't different for different cars (sports car versus rep mobile for example) but as a gross generalisation, 100k as the threshold for "high mileage" makes sense to me.

Bit of a thread resurrection but notice this car he still for sale some 6 months after it's initial listing. I keep getting drawn back to it as I love the colour. Seen others sell in the more mundane colours around the 15/17K mark recently with lower mileage so what do we think the premium should be for such a rare colour. I would be tempted at £18K I think and it would be a keeper?

Someone on another forum enquired about the car when it first came in to stock before it was priced on the website, I'm sure the price they were quoted was late teens. It had different prices on eBay and their website as well. I think the dealer got greedy and kept pushing the price up which appears to have backfired on them...

Fast Bug said:
Someone on another forum enquired about the car when it first came in to stock before it was priced on the website, I'm sure the price they were quoted was late teens. It had different prices on eBay and their website as well. I think the dealer got greedy and kept pushing the price up which appears to have backfired on them...

+1. I thought it would sell at the asking price so I agree with what you say - people who buy these cars often read these forums.

At £18k it would be a good buy - he may now wait until the Spring I suspect though.

Marky911 said:
You can tell a difference between cable and egas but probably only when driven back to back, or if you've driven a cable throttle car for a long time then drive the same car with fly by wire.
There's a noticeable 'lag' and difference in feel. Enough to make people go out and buy these Sprint Booster gizmos.
It certainly doesn't kill the experience though like some would have you believe.

As for the C2 vs C4. There's a lot more of a difference there....

e-gas is needed for PSM though, right?

Yep, the ECU can pull timing but it can't close the throttle on a cable car.

I've got Traction Control - ASR and Traction Control - ABD, but no stability control, and therefore no steering angle sensor either.

My Friend enquired about a car from this dealer. The reply had a n arrogant undertone and really hated being questioned about history etc. They also seem to think they are entitled to specify cars have FSH when they have 4 year gaps in servicing!
Needless to say we bought elsewhere.
Might have something to do with their stock hanging about maybe.

Tomo said:
My Friend enquired about a car from this dealer. The reply had a n arrogant undertone and really hated being questioned about history etc. They also seem to think they are entitled to specify cars have FSH when they have 4 year gaps in servicing!

This chap seemed happy with them:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123637&highlight=friends+green

This thread may be to do with the yellow car, but I am not on PH, so someone could do some digging:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=121514&highlight=friends+green

:thumb:

There are a few people who have bought from Friends Green and seems happy. However, any dealer can only really be judged by the experience that you have with them. If your friend was unhappy with them, then that is FG's loss.

HSC911 said:
Tomo said:

This chap seemed happy with them:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123637&highlight=friends+green

This thread may be to do with the yellow car, but I am not on PH, so someone could do some digging:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=121514&highlight=friends+green

:thumb:

Look like it. I did get my sums a little wrong, after a quick bit of Googlefu I found the car was originally listed at £21k, then it was showing at £22k on their site but £23k on eBay, or £24k with a new IMS bearing.

I've never dealt with them first hand so can't comment on prep or customer handling, I just find their pricing doesn't inspire confidence. And that comes from my 19 years in the motor trade, pick a price and stick to it!

I'm sure it's a lovely car, but with those miles it is, at the minute, too much money. There may be a few big bills around the corner as well.

I enquired about one of their cars when I was on the hunt and the chap's responses were quite blunt. He didn't seem to have the time to detail the service history with me, just said I should come to view it and be quick as he'd had several people showing interest... That wasn't an option for me as I'm up in Aberdeen so I looked elsewhere.
I guess they are flying off the shelves!

JS1500 said:
I enquired about one of their cars when I was on the hunt and the chap's responses were quite blunt. He didn't seem to have the time to detail the service history with me, just said I should come to view it and be quick as he'd had several people showing interest... That wasn't an option for me as I'm up in Aberdeen so I looked elsewhere.
I guess they are flying off the shelves!

I concur!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back