Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Manual Gearbox Oil?

rhino-man

Spa-Francorchamps
I have done a search but don't see anything surprisingly.

As title, which is the recommended/preferred oil for a 2001 manual transmission and how much do I need please?

After a chat with Opie oils I went with RED LINE Synthetic Gear Oil 75W-90NS GL5 (non Limited Slip) - 3 x 1 US Quart

Made a noticeable difference to gear shift & quietened down the gearbox whine.

I went with Miller's nanodrive+ 75w90, 3litres. No complaints. If you have LSD I think you need a different spec oil

Its not got a LSD as far as I knw.

I've probably been brainwashed by this forum, but I wouldn't put anything but the Millers NT stuff in my car.

asterix_the_gaul said:
I went with Miller's nanodrive+ 75w90, 3litres. No complaints. If you have LSD I think you need a different spec oil

Me too....and Opie currently have a 15%-off sale.

I'd say that's an omen!

Redline for me, as already mentioned smother shifts, I have Redline in my Ferrari which are notorious for 2nd gear cold shift being hard. With Redline this has disappeared. Highly recommend the stuff.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back