Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Helmet for Ring Trip: Simpson Diamondback or Similar......

I have an open face helmet for track days with visor which is just fine. I then had to get a full face job for a trackday with open cockpits and I find it a bit claustrophobic, even without the visor and just the touring visor. And it's much harder to wear glasses or sunglasses. I'd suggest you try a few. No need to get hung up on the brand. Only need to make sure they're properly approved of course.

What do taller drivers use? I'm 6'4 and likely to take my car on track this year.

I've tried sitting in the car wearing my old motorbike AGM and Arai helmets, but they knock the roof if I'm doing a shoulder check.

Having not been on track before I don't know if I will be doing shoulder checks etc. I don't want to bash the inside of the car up.

Are there any brands that have a lower profile? (Obviously I'm aware that the thickness is to absorb impact).

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back