Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Floor matt caught on clutch pedal

badbox

hi

Has anyone the same issue as me, when you fully press the clutch pedal down the carpet/matt gets caught and rises with the pedal . Quite a hazard, is this a design fault or will the issue be fixed with new matts :?:

Have you tried locating the matt to the correct location in the footwell?

alex yates said:

Yep, was thinking to velcro the part under the pedals before I buy new matts at £87

Matt is in its correct position

If it was in its correct position it wouldn't catch on the pedal. Maybe your velcro floor studs are in the wrong position.

badbox said:
alex yates said:

Yep, was thinking to velcro the part under the pedals before I buy new matts at £87

Matt is in its correct position

yes they do slip a bit as the verlco ages , try looking for a fixing kit like the companies that sell aftermarket mats send its like a pin you fix to the mat and then it pins to the carpet stopping the mat from moving :thumb:

this isnt exactily the one I had in mind but similar

Attachments

• s_l1600_730.jpg
    s_l1600_730.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 3,060
or theres this type of fixing :thumb:

Attachments

• s_l1600_116.jpg
    s_l1600_116.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 3,057
  • s_l1600_118.jpg
    s_l1600_118.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,052
The difference between catching the clutch pedal and not is very little. If you pull the Matt so it's as far back as you can physically can. I have the same issue and it's only s matter of 5mm between clearing and catching the pedal :thumb:

:yeah: :agree:

Not uncommon .. its either the mat has worn and is snagging on a hole .. unusual or the mat it too far forward .. its dam annoying i can tell you.

I often end up dragging the mat back on cars when i road test for just this sort of thing.

The matt has to butt up against the seat runners , there should be x2 velcro fasteners to hold it in place .

PDK is the way forward.

I had this issue with mats as well.

Slayer said:
PDK is the way forward.

PDK does not balance the wear evenly across the mat leading leads to poor weight distribution which can only be fixed by mounting your seat on a plank of wood, apparently. :dont know:

Scholester said:
Slayer said:
PDK is the way forward.

PDK does not balance the wear evenly across the mat leading leads to poor weight distribution which can only be fixed by mounting your seat on a plank of wood, apparently. :dont know:

Ah that must be why Porkee found a sheet of chip board fitted under his 10k carbon buckets when he brought his Turbo lol :grin: man did we take the Pi55 :grin: :grin: we thought it must have had an elf as the previous owner :floor:

its funny you say this, mine is obviously a different car, but when i first got it, i noticed that the revs were staying up between gear changes and the engine would 'race' before the revs dropped back to normal, i thought it might be a sticky throttle cable, but it seemed ok, so i thought its a tuning issue and paid someone to sort it, it still did it afterwards,

it was the accelerator mechanism catching on the drivers mat, i had 'experts' who charged me money, but in the end i found out what it was.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back