Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

Rear brake discs and pads and spent a very pleasant hour or so chatting with a fellow customer about Porsches etc while it was being done.

Mine's having top gear mild sport boxes, top gear big bore 200 cel cats, rear brake pipes, and cam chain tensioner oil leak fixed and brake fluid change on Thursday, and last week it had 2 new rear Yokohama winter tyres fitted, ready for some more snow. If I like the sound of the exhaust, I shall go the whole hog and do an induction kit in the new year, GT3 throttle body, plenum, BMC panel filter etc.

Powder coated my rear intercooler brackets and cross bracing. Came out quite well.

9zvlo5.jpg

nyrzb5.jpg

I fitted a Becker Cascade Pro, muppet skin steering wheel, and GT3 centre console delete. There is a piece missing from the delete kit as I'm doing a body coloured centre console. More details on that when it is finished. It is in primer now.

The interior is metropole blue and the wheel is black. If it bothers me I'll move the wheel to the turbo which has a black interior and get a blue one retrimmed. I can barely tell though.

MC

Replaced my halogens with Litronic Xenons.

I can see again! 8)

nice one MC. console delete is a great thing

for the blue baron:
new rear wiper bolt cover
used O/s door mirror in ocean blue from flea bay (plastic cracked on current)
new K&N panel filter
Oil and filter for oil change
200 CELL Cats.

Oil and filter,
Pollen filter,
Brake fluid change,
Titanium bleed nipples
Front bumper removed to clean radiators/condensers
Air Con recharge

Rss engine mounts
Rss adjustable toe arms with locking plate kit
Powergrid rear drop links
Powerflex gearbox bush insert kit

Zunsport Grills! Cant wait to fit!

Martyg said:
Today I ordered some new speakers for the dash as the drivers side was blown.

Did you go for uprated ones? If so, which? I'd like better speakers in mine

G3BML said:
Martyg said:
Today I ordered some new speakers for the dash as the drivers side was blown.

Did you go for uprated ones? If so, which? I'd like better speakers in mine

I went for the Alpine SPG-10c2, they are supposedly a very good fit for the dash. Hopefully going to be a better sound, but will just be nice to get both speakers working again.

An expensive week:

- Major service at Porsche Hatfield with plugs and various other small bits and pieces done

- New Clutch/release etc
- New Clutch pedal spring
- New IMS bearing (the EPS version)
- New RMS seal
- New AOS
- RSS semi solid engine mounts (love these)
- Powerflex gearbox insert
- Drive belt
- Fan resistors

I had the bearing etc checked as the gearbox was off. Bearing was smooth but a small amount of play so out it came. RMS had a small leak. All this was done by Matt at Porschacare in Stevenage. Good advice and a nice chap so would recommend him if you are in the area. The car feels fantastic.

Xtrons Double Din head unit.

6cekUJ3.jpg

And the rear:

EuHuurz.jpg

alex yates said:
Xtrons Double Din head unit.

And the rear:

I'd rather see the 'heads' and 'rears' of the birds in the poster's in the background
coffee_beans.gif

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back