Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mat Carwow Vlogs - a few Problems with his 996 & solved

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
The glorious honeymoon period has finally come to an end – my Porsche 911 996 has broken. The 996 is known for problems with its M96 engine - the most common being IMS bearing failure, bore scoring and D chunking.

So it's happened again. After a few trouble free months there is another problem with my Porsche 911 996. I had to call the breakdown services out to it as it started making a terrible noise.

The exhaust was blowing on my Porsche 996 so to save money I had it repaired, only in doing so we discovered a nasty rattle in the one muffler and had to track it down. This meant cutting holes in the back box until we located the cause. And it's one that's gonna cost me a lot more to fix!

Are they supposed to be comedy sketches or serious? :?

Cheers for posting Sundeep

Interesting to listen to - those he's somewhat annoying

Osh

I was interested in his review of the Rennline semisolid engine mounts ,although I would agree with Osh a bit irratating watching too much of him, but he clearly loves his 996 :thumb:

It all seems like fun if the mill 996 stuff to me. Nothing for him to get stressed over.

I've watched a couple of them in the past but would rather watch MrJWW or Jon Olsson, when I need to fill some time at work. :wink:

911UK said:
So it's happened again. After a few trouble free months there is another problem with my Porsche 911 996. I had to call the breakdown services out to it as it started making a terrible noise.

I had EXACTLY the same problem with design 911 supplied alternative top mounts a few years back.

Very shortly after fitting one side failed. I returned both for refund - they claimed they had never had problems before.

Clearly these top mounts aren't any good.....

I replaced with SACHS brand top mounts, no problems since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back