Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Petrolicious Porsche 959 Video

Cheers for posting ... Great story , amazing cars but i still cant stand the shape of a 959

Pleasure...
Luckily I can't afford one so not an issue :)

KP964 said:
Cheers for posting ... Great story , amazing cars but i still cant stand the shape of a 959
Obviously subjective. I love it!

I was very much, literally, a 'poster' car for my teenage years. I also had the Scalextric version.

IMHO you can see the DNA of the 959 in the looks (and also the underpinnings) of the 996 turbo, which was highly influential in my reason for wanting one.

996 turbo was a very advanced car in it's day, but the 959 was, in many areas, decades ahead.

Interesting, it would be good for them to do a second video with more about the car itself and the technology.

It was a great era, this and the F40- fabulous but a relatively blunt instrument in tech terms. There was a brilliant article and feature in Octane mag a while ago... so advanced for the time.

I think it looks fantastic, interesting to see DNA there in the 993tt and 996tt

And :eek: did you see the 'racking system of cars at 2:44!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back