Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jerry Seinfeld Shows off his PTS Paint-To-Sample 991 RS

Porsche News

If there's one thing Jerry Seinfeld loves more than observational comedy, it should come as no surprise: it's Porsches. The comedian has a penchant for Zuffenhausen's finest, and has been known to amass a huge collection of them – old and new.

Little wonder that he recently picked up a new 911 GT3 RS. But he evidently wasn't satisfied with the range of colors offered 'standard" from the factory. So he has his painted custom in Liquid Chrome Blue Metallic.

The deep luster of the paintjob may not come across adequately in this one photo he shared on Instagram, but Porschephiles may recognize it as belonging to the 918 Spyder. As the folks at Autoevolution point out, this finished was offered as a $64,000 option on that hybrid hypercar, and entailed a labor-intensive process that involves nine coats of paint, three 'manual processing stages," and three clear coats to top it all off. 'The paint," says the automaker, 'is vibrant and gives the surface the appearance of liquid metal."

All the better for getting coffee with other comedians, we suppose. And to top it all off, Jerry managed to secure the New York license plate 991 RS, which that state requires to be displayed on both the front and rear of the vehicle (and stick with the owner, not the vehicle, after it's sold). So if you see a deeply shiny GT3 in the New York area with those plates, you'll know who the joker is behind the wheel.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeRfhO_AUrF/

Attachments

• 2018_01_29_23_25_16_134.jpg
    2018_01_29_23_25_16_134.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 3,399
Whilst it's nice to have a unique colour '1 of 1'
- I don't think this car looks much better than a standard polar
silver....and especially on the GT3 RS the vibrant flat colours look best imho.

Only porsche could actually get away with charging customers $64k for a paint job that looks only fractionally different from a standard one. Maybe it looks better in the metal.

Nice car though!

carkid said:
Whilst it's nice to have a unique colour '1 of 1'
- I don't think this car looks much better than a standard polar
silver....and especially on the GT3 RS the vibrant flat colours look best imho.

:agree:

I honestly thought it was Polar Silver when I saw the pic. Great colour either way. :bandit:

C.

Robertb said:
Only porsche could actually get away with charging customers $64k for a paint job that looks only fractionally different from a standard one. Maybe it looks better in the metal.

Nice car though!

Porsche charged that much but added blue in the name cos they knew Jerry reads this form and therefore knows 'Blue is the new <insert colour here>" and big wings rock unless Claire Rainer is involved!!

Oh, how the other half live :) :worship:

G2 said:
Robertb said:

Nice car though!

Porsche charged that much but added blue in the name cos they knew Jerry reads this form and therefore knows 'Blue is the new <insert colour here>" and big wings rock unless Claire Rainer is involved!!

:grin: :yeah: :agree: blue is the new silver literaly :floor:

The colour does not impress me in the photo. :nooo:

Maybe it would be better in real daylight. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back