Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is there an acknowledgment system??

Phil 997 said:
Dave do you also have the mandatory flower in the pot on the dash :grin: :grin:

Just casually browsing and enjoying the forum banter on a Saturday evening and choked on my beer when I read this. PMSL :cheers:

Ive done about 50,000 miles in my 997, never had another porsche of any kind wave at me

Theres too many about tbh, i see about 20 porsche cars every day on my commute

The Z4M i had previously was different, there were only 650 sold in the UK and about 500 left, so it was very unusual to see another one

infrasilver said:
Phil 997 said:
75% of aircooled 911s will wave but most only if you wave first.

So 25% of aircooled Porsche's were 993's, where did you get those sales figures :?:

:floor: :floor: no not 75% of air cooled, but 75% of the aircooled cars I drive past will wave but only if I wave first the other 25% are too busy with their sandals slipping on the pedals to see me :grin: :grin:

Atlas Andrew said:
Phil 997 said:
Dave do you also have the mandatory flower in the pot on the dash :grin: :grin:

Just casually browsing and enjoying the forum banter on a Saturday evening and choked on my beer when I read this. PMSL :cheers:

Andy , I am thinking by Dave's lack of response that infact he does have a flower in a pot on his dash :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
infrasilver said:
Phil 997 said:
75% of aircooled 911s will wave but most only if you wave first.

So 25% of aircooled Porsche's were 993's, where did you get those sales figures :?:

:floor: :floor: no not 75% of air cooled, but 75% of the aircooled cars I drive past will wave but only if I wave first the other 25% are too busy with their sandals slipping on the pedals to see me :grin: :grin:

:grin:

pcat said:
Ive done about 50,000 miles in my 997, never had another porsche of any kind wave at me

Theres too many about tbh, i see about 20 porsche cars every day on my commute

The Z4M i had previously was different, there were only 650 sold in the UK and about 500 left, so it was very unusual to see another one

All I can say mate is can you post a photo of yourself and we promise to give you an honest opinion as to why no one waves at you :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
Cameo said:
Phil 997 said:
...half wave at 991s as most are still owned by the stuffy suit who's too busy with the turd smell under his nose to wave back

Oi! :D

I often wave at other Porsches but most of the time I'm blanked. Maybe they're shocked at a 991 owner waving :mrgreen:

I remember doing a PEC day and obviously as there were so many Porsche's there I didn't bother waving. As I left I was driving along the perimeter road a Cayenne driver waved and I didn't have a chance to wave back. As we passed I saw the driver was Richard Attwood. I thought 'Bollocks, he must think I'm a stuffy suit with a turd smell under my nose". I was gutted because I am an enthusiast - promise! :floor:

Mate you are the opposite and break the rule as you actually have a GTS and have debadged it for a steath look :thumb: and as its a 991 GT car it does get a wave from me :bye: :bye: Richard told me that some bloke with a red 991 who lives in the Forest had a turd smell going on :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Debadged so the Mrs doesn't know how much it really cost! :floor:

Cameo said:
Phil 997 said:
Cameo said:
Phil 997 said:
...half wave at 991s as most are still owned by the stuffy suit who's too busy with the turd smell under his nose to wave back

Oi! :D

I often wave at other Porsches but most of the time I'm blanked. Maybe they're shocked at a 991 owner waving :mrgreen:

I remember doing a PEC day and obviously as there were so many Porsche's there I didn't bother waving. As I left I was driving along the perimeter road a Cayenne driver waved and I didn't have a chance to wave back. As we passed I saw the driver was Richard Attwood. I thought 'Bollocks, he must think I'm a stuffy suit with a turd smell under my nose". I was gutted because I am an enthusiast - promise! :floor:

Mate you are the opposite and break the rule as you actually have a GTS and have debadged it for a steath look :thumb: and as its a 991 GT car it does get a wave from me :bye: :bye: Richard told me that some bloke with a red 991 who lives in the Forest had a turd smell going on :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Debadged so the Mrs doesn't know how much it really cost! :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: very good :thumb:

I don't wave not because I don't want to, it's just no one waves back..the 911 I've nicknamed the Cheshire Clitoris

FZP said:
I don't wave not because I don't want to, it's just no one waves back..the 911 I've nicknamed the Cheshire Clitoris

:grin: :grin: ok I will be the one to ask if its because you only get the finger :floor:

Phil 997 said:
FZP said:

:grin: :grin: ok I will be the one to ask if its because you only get the finger :floor:
No,but equally as good
It's because every c*** has one

FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
FZP said:

No nut equally as good

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Martian said:
I never wave or flash at another Porsche I see on the road, only because I once made the mistake of acknowledging a Boxster........ :D :lol:

:floor: :floor: you made his day :floor: :floor:

FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
FZP said:

No,but equally as good

This may not be strictly true as my Mrs has told me that I have never found hers. I did ask her if she could confirm that she did in fact have one as I had been able to find hundreds prior to not finding hers. That was five years ago and I have not been given the opportunity to find it since.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back