Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic pipework leak

mf993

993 coupe tip S 125K miles

Back in the autumn, I noticed red ATF leaking from the pipes in the RHS front wheel-arch connected to a radiator, not a complete surprise as these pipes are rather exposed and both of mine were seriously corroded. Booked into my indy mid November, who removed both pipes, a big job involving front suspension, steering rack etc. to gain access for uncoupling. One pipe was in stock, the other (99330707400) was on back order, a situation we gathered from Porsche UK had been going on for some time with issues finding a remanufacturer. Tried a few UK, German and French parts suppliers, similarly out of stock with the comment - "this is an expensive and unusual part request so we do not keep spares on the shelf" . So we decided to get a custom pipe made up, first supplier on the Silverstone business park declined as the bends and tolerances were "too tight". A second supplier was busy with formula one work, but agreed to take on the job. What with Christmas and the new year, and a "dry fit" before the couplings and flexible section were attached, this took just over 6 weeks. The new pipe is though a work-of-art, I picked the car up yesterday and drove into work this morning with a smile on my face. An advantage of living in the south midlands is that local firms can eventually sort these sort of things out, albeit at a price. What this story implies for the future availability of "unusual" parts, remains to be seen.

Have a good w/e.

Martin

Tiptronic pipes

After reading Martins post I decided to check on my car ('95 with 58k miles). They were a bit crusty so after giving them a good wire brushing, applied rust inhibitor and a spray with zinc primer, I then enclosed them with cable tidy. Hopefully this will help keep them protected from the elements.

Attachments

• 9d35960a_fb11_46eb_af5b_28aafe8b740b_293.jpeg
    9d35960a_fb11_46eb_af5b_28aafe8b740b_293.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,883

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back