Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Viewing my 1st 997 later today

Seems to lack PSE too. I couldn't imagine paying all that and not buying a Gen 2. These cars do better with use, not lack of.

Low 40s would get a 50k miles Gen 2 C4S. Might even have the exhaust.

Magic919 said:
s70rjw said:
Here's an idea of what gen 2 is available for less money unless you're mind is set on a red 4S

Where?

I feel your pain.... I just searched on Autotrader for a GR 911 and there only 2, the one you shared and the one at the OPC but that is another £6k, the rest are £60k plus.

I was lucky that I could flex my budget up to the Turbo but even then I paid top dollar for mine.

Personally I would go and view that one and if it's as good as its pictures snaffle it up and try to get a discount by binning off their warranty offer, and replace that with a OPC Warranty later.

That is way way to much money to be spending on a gen 1 car. Yes its got Aero Kit, which if you have speed bumps anywhere near you will cause you massive grief. But, it is missing all the other desireable options, bose, sports chrono, heated seats, etc.

That 65k mile Gen C4S would be a better buy. As someone said, these cars need driving, not doing 2000 miles a year. If you're going to use it twice a month then it might make sense, but you wont want to use it twice a month, you're going to want to use it every single day. Gen 2 makes much more sense as you have the budget.

That aerokitted GR car looks the nuts, no question.

I would need written confirmation that the bores are not scored or written confirmation that if I bought it and an post purchase inspection confirmed scoring was evident, I could return the car for a full refund. This goes for any M96/7 engined car but I would happily buy instead of a gen2 if the check proved the bores were sound.

Other known issues would not stop me buying but I would be looking for a reduction in price to cover any preventative work required depending on year.

Think ill consider gen 2 more carefully, but please, no more silver, grey or black cars :D
Did Porsche run out of red or yellow paint in 2009 :floor:

Motoberg said:
Think ill consider gen 2 more carefully, but please, no more silver, grey or black cars :D

No, people with no taste ran out of money........ :D :floor:

resigner said:
Motoberg said:

No, people with no taste ran out of money........ :D :floor:

:floor:

So, for possibly the 1st time in my life, I listened to the knowledgeable folk on here and stumped up more readies than I intended to for a 2010 C2S PDK Coupe in Aqua Blue Metallic with 2 years Porsche Warranty :thumbs:

I pick it up a week today, I'm like a child waiting for Xmas at the moment :floor:

Motoberg said:
So, for possibly the 1st time in my life, I listened to the knowledgeable folk on here and stumped up more readies than I intended to for a 2010 C2S PDK Coupe in Aqua Blue Metallic with 2 years Porsche Warranty :thumbs:

I pick it up a week today, I'm like a child waiting for Xmas at the moment :floor:
CONGRATULATIONS!! but we are like young children and need pictures :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back