Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake pedal 'clicking'

997-Josh

Hi all,

Small query - I've had a sort of 'clicking sound' when coming off the brake pedal for my 997.2. Often quite loud though not spontaneous, only when my foot comes off relatively hurriedly (perhaps in a sliding motion).

I initially thought this might be as a result of a loose brake pedal plate, though I now suspect it's simply just a quirk of the mechanism.

I just wanted to check if this is normal and experienced by others. It's by no means a terrifying noise nor any vibration, nothing I can't live with or get used to. I'm just clarifying as I'm more concerned if it could be an issue - don't like to ignore such things!

Many thanks
Josh

kas750 said:
Brake light switch?

I suspect too loud and 'mechanical' sounding to just be the switch, but maybe :?:

mark pearce said:
I'm afraid they all do it

Fair enough, I suspected this might be the case. Doesn't really bother me so actually the preferable answer, as I say I was mainly concerned it could be a fault :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back