Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brilliant day 1:1 training at CAT Driver Training

evodarren

I had my traing with Colin yesterday.
Wow what a great day. Colin is absolutely great at teaching. He explained every aspect of what the car was doing and why it ws doing the things it did.
The 997.1 GT3 is a great car and now it feels even better, with lots of explanation to get you round the corners faster and more stable.
I had a go at drifting their Caterham 7 in the afternoon. That was fun. Very hard work . I felt exhausted afterwoods. He had a half circle marked out with cone, then wetted. By the end of the hour i did a full half cicle in a drift. Very chuffed,lol. I then had a go in my GT3.Porsche obviously buid the car to have understeer, and is designed to go round a track without oversteer. Very hard work to get that to drift. Either lots of understeer or a spin. I ned mlots more practice.
Anyone who is thinking of doing training with Colin, do it.I learnt so much. I could shappily spend a week with him teaching.
Some people spend fortunes tuning their car to go faster. Spend it on driver training, i can put my car now faster round bends than an exrtra 50 hp could do.
Many thanks to Colin, Jo and the lovely lady who made me coffees.
They are putting together a plan for my next visit, hopefull around March.

It was our pleasure to meet & work with you Darren :thumbs: Your car is a beauty :D

Will be in touch ref. next visit through the week & thank you for trusting us to be your training partner :thumbs:

KR
Jo

Some people spend fortunes tuning their car to go faster. Spend it on driver training

^^ that ......

madalaa said:
Some people spend fortunes tuning their car to go faster. Spend it on driver training

^^ that ......
Actually spend it on both :grin:

It is a very valid point - have spent a lot of time myself on track tuition and there are huge benefits to what is an inexpensive way of allowing your car to be quicker.

Ken

CATDT said:
Steve997 said:
which course did you do ?
Answering on Evodarren's behalf ... half day Performance Driver Course in the morning and Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course in the afternoon with a short session in his own car on the circuit wetted.

KR
Jo

Steve, if you can drum up another 3-5 guys from here and do the all day session, it is the best money I've spent on my car in 7 years (with the exception of HIDs to replace the standard candles).

Colin, Paul and Jo are the best I have come across, and the level of experience in our type of cars is second to non in my opinion. The only person who explained things to a similar degree was the late great Sean Edwards who just lived for these cars, and unfortunately lost his life showing that to others.

Why do you suggest drum up interest and get 3 to 5 guys interested if you don't mimd.me asking.

I thought the training was 1 to 1.

Is there a course run for groups ?

madalaa said:

^^ that ......
100% Its the cheapest way to make your car go faster.

Steve997 said:
Why do you suggest drum up interest and get 3 to 5 guys interested if you don't mimd.me asking.

I thought the training was 1 to 1.

Is there a course run for groups ?

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=125163

See the thread above Steve - group days start in March.

I'm away on holiday at the moment but Lynne is the office can help with any questions.

Kr
Jo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back