Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wing mirror with a mind of its own!

todayimdriving

This is a bit of a strange one...but has anyone ever come across this before or have any idea how to fix it?

Occasionally when I get in the car (and it is happening more and more regularly) I can hear a motor whining I look across and my passenger side mirror glass has swivelled itself over to the maximum it will go, then I have to set it back again to the correct position.

I've tried doing the Set key button on the door to see if that helps but it isn't helping, the strange thing is that it doesn't do it every day just 4 out of 5 times I drive the car!

Any ideas? :?:

I'd have thought it would be the mirror motor. You could flick the adjustment switch to the other door mirror to eliminate the switch.

You have memory mirrors it appears and they need to be set by you. I think if you switch the ignition on, put the gear lever in reverse, then set the mirrors this should set them. Each time you then unlock the car they should return to your settings if of course you adjusted them on your journey.

As Liam Neeson was once told in Taken 'good luck"

I've tried the flicking the switch to the middle or other mirror but it still does it!

I will try the reverse gear trick tonight and see how I get on!

It shouldn't do the reverse dip when the adjustment switch is not set to the left.

my gen 1 used to do this occationally didnt matter where I set the switch middle or drivers side the pax one still did its thing , I had elec memory seats and found by just pressing the 1st setting which was set for me it returned to the correct place, I wonder if you are swapping key fobs and the last driver set option is different on both the key fobs only if you have memory seats other wise all I can suggest is next time your in your indy or opc set the laptop on it and factory reset them. :thumb:

Yeah, it's still doing it!

I'll try swapping the keys to the spare and see if that helps?

If not then I'll get her plugged in!

Mine used to dip both mirrors completely down and blow up the lumbar support to max.

I would then re set it all and it would be fine until I left it overnight.

Then it would repeat.

Fixed under warranty with a new ECU.

Ahhhhhh, how blizzar ,,, today just collected my car , set it all up to my preference , drove 150mles and pulled over for some fuel , when I got back in the car the passenger mirror was aimed up to the sky and I could of swore my seat had moved too !!!
I just assumed I'd imagined the seat and I must of cught the Mirror adjustment with my arm without noticing !!!

Rockunrolla said:
Ahhhhhh, how blizzar ,,, today just collected my car , set it all up to my preference , drove 150mles and pulled over for some fuel , when I got back in the car the passenger mirror was aimed up to the sky and I could of swore my seat had moved too !!!
I just assumed I'd imagined the seat and I must of cught the Mirror adjustment with my arm without noticing !!!

Its called "the ghost of ferdinand effect" :grin: :grin: I honestly thought I was the only one it happened to, until this thread :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back