Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

Quick post.

It will be your phone cradle thing D.
I use a Tecknet F36 which is a compact round unit that plugs in the cigarette lighter and tunes into a radio station to steam my phone music.

When that's plugged in the other radio stations are really interfered with and crackly. I only figured it out today on a long drive to collect my diamond cut rims, which I'm not satisfied with but that's another story.

So basically yeah, to listen to the radio unplug your cig lighter dongle.
Frustrating, but a by product of mixing old and new tech I suppose.

Good luck at the body shop. I look forward to seeing the results. :thumb:

Impressions of the body shop very favourable - Barry took pains to point out that they bring a dent man in to push all the little dings out rather than simply skimming the panels with filler, which I am strongly in favour of.

Lawrence from D:Class seemed un-phased by my request to drop the driving position as much as possible - we shall see what he can do.

There are options if this doesn't work - my preferred route would be GT3 buckets with a heating element in, re-trimmed to match the car, but that's £much, so the option that Lawrence suggested of Recaro Pole-Positions might be the way forward. We shall see.

Sounds good. Paintless dent removal always the first port of call. Then any that he can't sort the body shop can fettle.

As for seats Pole positions were joint first on my list as I'm sure we've discussed somewhere. They are more of a 964/993 era seat though, although the smaller top area may suit the cabriolet more than the GT3 seats with larger tops. They won't dominate the view from the rear when the roof is down.
Pole positions no good for harnesses if you're over about 5ft8 as the slots for the shoulder straps are too low. In a crash they'll crush down on your shoulders.
Again though I doubt you're going for harnesses in a cab so not a worry.

I found my used GT3 reps which have really nice carbon backs and they're getting retrimmed in grey leather. Total cost for seats and retrim will be under £1500.
Obviously not OE though and less of a known quantity than the Recaros.

PS I'm loving that new head unit. Mine is rarely on but that is tempting.

Interesting fact on that Pole Positions/straps- I'm 6'2" and whilst I'll never have a cage/harness it would make my teeth itch to have something in the car that wasn't fully functional for the intended driver.

What did taller drivers use for the 964/993?

!
f572cfe01a53a5d8a571a70f84af4804d8b2b85d.jpeg

Ok, before I pay £400 for a sticker, can anyone suggest a source for the VIN sticker that goes in the door shut?

I emailed Carbone-pl, but they didn't respond.

Great work, my car needs painting :eek:

Do you still have the sticker in place? A simple high res picture may work which could then be printed on stick back, cut out etc.

I took a bunch of high resolution photographs of it before dropping the car off- including some with a ruler, and also locating the sticker against the door striker with said ruler.

Hi D,
Mine will be getting carefully peeled off then stuck/cellotaped in my paperwork file. Doubt I'll replace it, especially at £400.

For me personally I don't see much point in replacing it as the next owner (if I ever sell) will probably have been pointed towards my thread by me, which will document the paintwork anyway and the only reason to replace it is so it looks like that area is original, which it isn't anymore anyway.

So if a buyer comes and says "Ooh your sticker is missing, it must have had paint.", Well, yes, yes it has. ;)

I accept all your points as being valid.

I proffer my own (ridiculous) OCD problem as justification for my own course of action.

I'd like to avoid paying the Porsche price for the sticker, however, and would be happy with one that looks correct, rather than is correct, as it were.

Just like you, if I were ever to sell I'd direct people to this thread - hopefully it shows that I do care for the car to the best of my ability.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back