Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Remapping

KJD said:
I tend to think remapping a NA car is more about improving its drivability and smoothness rather than an outright power hike.
Totally agree. You have to be realistic about power increases - if you can get 20whp then that is an excellent result but it takes a lot and for me it is about the overall power curve, not just getting an extra 20whp for 1000rpm.

That car in the chart also had LWFW fitted.

There are lots of other things like suspension that can be done that improve the driving of the car.

Ken

Speak to Unicorn and 9e. Between them there is no better software and tuning talent when it comes to Porsche. They won't hand out ridiculous comedy figures but you will be the quickest on the strip.

M

All sounds really good, let us know how you get on at 9e!

So went to see Ken at 9e, here are the before and after graphs, second one showing a steeper and higher power curve earlier in the Rev range. Picking it up on Saturday so will post again when I've driven it and let you know what I think but so far looks in line with what I was expecting to see!

Attachments

• 3bb4722c_a29d_41cb_9b5b_e0935e790cc9_247.jpeg
    3bb4722c_a29d_41cb_9b5b_e0935e790cc9_247.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 3,763
  • ae421e83_66c5_4372_937b_097b7cb341a3_109.jpeg
    ae421e83_66c5_4372_937b_097b7cb341a3_109.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 3,763
Oh and NB the before graph is with a full Kline exhaust fitted, when we ran without the exhaust last year whp was at 311 for reference.

Mikee Quickstep said:
Oh and NB the before graph is with a full Kline exhaust fitted, when we ran without the exhaust last year whp was at 311 for reference.

Looks good if I am seeing it right you started with about 5% down on new which is to be expected and not as bad as it could be, and you have ended up getting that back plus another 5% ish so around 10% gain and an improved power curve in the low/mid very much as you would expect and nice to see real not inflated numbers .Have you got a gt3 throttle body/plen or/and BMC sports filter induction as well :?:

No don't forget that's whp so x by. 1.14 give or take to get bhp so started with 361 and finished with 382 :) vs stock of 355

Mikee Quickstep said:
No don't forget that's whp so x by. 1.14 give or take to get bhp so started with 361 and finished with 382 :) vs stock of 355

Oh yes of course it is, so the Kline full exhaust had replaced any age lost BHP plus added 6bhp and the remap added another 27 BHP which is around 7.5% gain but in reality when you allow for age related lost BHP its probably more like 10/12% .very good and very realistic and thats without the GT3 throttle body/plen
Let us know when you have driven it a bit what you think of the improved power curve :thumb: :thumb:

Final tune with a smoothed out curve and a couple of extra horses...

Picked it up yesterday and have spent a couple of hours driving it but unfortunately a lot of that was in p1ssing rain and dual carriage way traffic, that being said....

Can definitely feel a quicker pick up and when you get into the top of the rev range it really feels like its got a decent extra kick. Reckon I can feel the difference more in 4th and 5th than 2nd and 3rd but probably need to drive it a bit more to really tell...... need to get a track day booked!

But for now happy days .... I had a grin across my face every time I put my foot down so that's probably all you need to know :)

Attachments

• vboxdyno_000013_v_060_100mph_mike_abbott_final_111.jpg
    vboxdyno_000013_v_060_100mph_mike_abbott_final_111.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 2,186
So you now have the same power on the wheels as what the car had on the engine? Pretty decent result :thumbs:

apollokre1d said:
So you now have the same power on the wheels as what the car had on the engine? Pretty decent result :thumbs:

:yeah: :yeah: :goodjob: :goodjob: :agree:

If its not a turbo I dont see the point of reampping a N/A engine surely the results wouldnt justify the money right? I would probably go for one if it was a turbo

badbox said:
If its not a turbo I dont see the point of reampping a N/A engine surely the results wouldnt justify the money right? I would probably go for one if it was a turbo

The BHP gains are not as big on a NA as a turbo but the big win for remapping a NA car is the change in the power curve and where its delivered noticable low mid range gains which is really where you want them in a fast road car it also smooths out the flat spots throught the rev range. :thumb: :thumb:

and its a must if your modding the car to get the best from the engine like fitting an IPD gt3 throttle body and plenum , you dont need to do it if you just fitting sports boxes and 200 cell cats, but if your doing all of the known more cold air in and quicker gas out mods then a remap is a must to bring everything together. :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back