Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine mounts

nickjonesn4

Sao Paulo
Will take the opportunity to renew these when my car is in next month for suspension work. I don't think I want to go down the RS route. Is there a "halfway house" option for primarily fast road use?

Thanks

Nick

nickjonesn4 said:
Will take the opportunity to renew these when my car is in next month for suspension work. I don't think I want to go down the RS route. Is there a "halfway house" option for primarily fast road use?

Thanks

Nick

C4 mounts. Half the price of the C2 and a decent halfway house between the C2 and RS. I installed them in mine around 5 years ago with absolutely no issues since.

My originals were still going strong after 115K miles ..... or so I thought. However i noticed immediately that my gear change and especially when pulling off, clutch feel; was soooo much smoother.

Easy to replace though took me quite a bit more time to do than the web led me to believe.

Nice upgrade. :)

wozy said:
nickjonesn4 said:

Thanks

Nick

C4 mounts. Half the price of the C2 and a decent halfway house between the C2 and RS. I installed them in mine around 5 years ago with absolutely no issues since.

My originals were still going strong after 115K miles ..... or so I thought. However i noticed immediately that my gear change and especially when pulling off, clutch feel; was soooo much smoother.

Easy to replace though took me quite a bit more time to do than the web led me to believe.

Nice upgrade. :)

excellent thanks for that

I also did something similar re "halfway house". I didn't want the harshness of the solid RS Mounts but also wanted to tighten things up a little, hence after a little research went for Wevo Semi-Solid Mounts. So far so good with no harshness and improved gear changes.

C.

Yep I too went down the C4 route for engine mounts just short of 6 years ago, all good.

ATB :)

Attachments

• rhs_fitted_and_tightened_up_154.jpg
    rhs_fitted_and_tightened_up_154.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 3,079
  • new_mounts_200.jpg
    new_mounts_200.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 3,079
  • old_engine_mount_555.jpg
    old_engine_mount_555.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 3,079
cableguy said:
I also did something similar re "halfway house". I didn't want the harshness of the solid RS Mounts but also wanted to tighten things up a little, hence after a little research went for Wevo Semi-Solid Mounts. So far so good with no harshness and improved gear changes.

C.

Carl do you remember if you went with the black or blue pillows?

I'm fairly sure I went with the Black (slightly softer) thinking back at my conversation with Pete at Centre Gravity, however i'll confirm tomorrow when I venture out to the garage. ;)

C.

cableguy said:
I'm fairly sure I went with the Black (slightly softer) thinking back at my conversation with Pete at Centre Gravity, however i'll confirm tomorrow when I venture out to the garage. ;)

C.

Thanks. I went out to do the ColourLock treatment on my seats yesterday and lasted about 5 minutes it was so cold!

I see the RennLine semi solid mounts get favourable write ups on Rennlist etc and are easily available.

Far too cold for seat renovation fella... you need some warmth for the procedure to cure. ;)

Yes, plenty of decent OEM alternatives for engine mounts and Rennline do have good reviews. You will definately notice a difference if yours are the originals.

C.

cableguy said:
Far too cold for seat renovation fella... you need some warmth for the procedure to cure.

C.

The wife has a very powerful hair dryer I had "borrowed" for the afternoon :lol: The lack of feeling in my fingers led me to the conclusion it was too cold for anything other than the TV!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back