Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Owner, PCM issues

Jake911 said:
On the subject of DRLs do look at the sequential variant :thumb: These add a nice modern touch when indicating as opposed to the standard version that blinks. Matter of preference off course.

Thanks Jake911, I'm liking that idea! :thumb:

Demort said:
from memory you have to manually delete every entry on these on the nav , there is no 1 click delete and the ones i have done worked fine .

EDIT .. also check for satelites on the nav stautus screen .. you need more than 0

Yes, I can delete each entry individually & even add & store my own new ones, but when I come back to the car and turn the ignition on the old ones are back and mine have gone.

The sat nav works fine otherwise, so no issue with satellites. I've tried the factory reset in the settings and also tried removing the unit, but maybe I'll try disconnecting the battery or fuses for a couple of hours as suggested.

Captain Lockheed said:
When you update the maps, it thinks it is in Stuttgart until you drive for a bit then it finds it's bearings.
I would guess yours had the pcm head unit removed, but the Navigation was still powered but not used, then prior to sale the pcm was reinstalled.
Check all the fibre optics are in the right configuration.
Something isn't communicating.

Interesting theory, it does have the triangle errors shown although it also has a Viseeo Bluetooth unit which I know can muddle up the optics. It all currently works though, just the issue I can't wipe the previous destinations or store new ones. Oh, and it does the same with the radio, won't delete existing stations or store new ones after the ignition has been off, so again it kind of points to a PCM software fault rather than the nav unit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back