Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior Tweaks

G2 said:
Phil 997 said:
Thats very nice , at some point I am going to have to get Linus to retrim my seat centres in alcantara. as I have steering wheel, lower dash ,gear knob ,armrest and hand break in Alcantara. :thumb:

Absolutely great work...but...he's had a seat of mine for 6 months and said it will be finished shortly several times (August, Oct, dec). Even saying the leather is cut back in November...i'll Go and ask for it back and get the leather I left with him at the same time (had to buy half hide for the Center cubby lid he did so thought I'd use the rest on a seat for my office/PlayStation).....I'm guessing nothing will have been started. Shame as i've Recommended him to others...

I am surprissed, hes always been first rate with bits for me , a bit slow responding to emails but other than that. maybe hes just got too busy now. :dont know:

G2 said:
Phil 997 said:
Thats very nice , at some point I am going to have to get Linus to retrim my seat centres in alcantara. as I have steering wheel, lower dash ,gear knob ,armrest and hand break in Alcantara. :thumb:

Absolutely great work...but...he's had a seat of mine for 6 months and said it will be finished shortly several times (August, Oct, dec). Even saying the leather is cut back in November...i'll Go and ask for it back and get the leather I left with him at the same time (had to buy half hide for the Center cubby lid he did so thought I'd use the rest on a seat for my office/PlayStation).....I'm guessing nothing will have been started. Shame as i've Recommended him to others...

I've had the same as you :sad:

Twice, not just once... :dont know:

HSC911 said:
G2 said:
Phil 997 said:

Oh really, mmmm maybe we should stop talking so highly of him and start to look for a new retrimmer in that case :thumb: wonder if hes become a victim of his own success :nooo:

Phil 997 said:
HSC911 said:
G2 said:
Phil 997 said:

Oh really, mmmm maybe we should stop talking so highly of him and start to look for a new retrimmer in that case :thumb: wonder if hes become a victim of his own success :nooo:

No, just needs to manage expectations in my opinion.

He is Fu**ing good at what he does...too good in fact!

Just don't tell me you will do XYZ by 123 and then do a Houdini on me :nooo:

He just needs to clone himself.

I've had too many Peroni's this eve but I don't want the forum to think his work is bad, it's too good...for his own good if that makes sense :?

:thumb:

Also had my seats done by Linus. First rate.

Cant post photos right now because Flickr sucks on an iOS device

Possibly not quite what you are after, but I have recently started a strip down and rebuild on a pair of hard back sports seats. I am converting them to heated seats with new foams and getting the backs painted. If anybody is interested I will do a write up when I finish.

MC

MC, you've got some seriously interesting projects going on at the moment. I'd love to see how you get on with this, in particular where you source the heated elements and foams from.

Also, are you sticking with a standard foam base or having the side bolsters, erm, bolstered a bit more?

ragpicker said:
MC, you've got some seriously interesting projects going on at the moment. I'd love to see how you get on with this, in particular where you source the heated elements and foams from.

Also, are you sticking with a standard foam base or having the side bolsters, erm, bolstered a bit more?

Standard foam base and back, both from OPC. The heating elements are incorporated in to the foam. Currently I am putting the foams back in the first seat, then I will strip the second. I'll post all the details when I finish but it will take some time as the painter is usually busy.

MC

I took a punt on some GTR seats, took them to a factory in Leicester, capital seating, they're the official recaro importers. Did a great job on the repair, can't tell. Quoted me £300, paid £180. Absolutely over the moon, and turned around in 2 weeks over Xmas.

1zoc6j5.jpg

w9fvw5.jpg

I can vouch for B-Trim. They did a great job sorting my door cards and seats. Look as good as when I bought the car 7 years ago. Also knew a guy who sorted my headlights. £400 the lot. A bargain. A new door card from Porsche is circa £1800.

Also they had some interesting stuff in being sorted. Some Degenerate twin cab pick ups and v tasty Mk IV Golf. Nice guys as well. Station over the road that takes you in the City so v handy as well.

Those seats do look very smart.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back