Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Low Temp Thermostat

Steve997

Spa-Francorchamps
Anyone got one fitted ?

Just had one put on the car but the car still sits at 80 deg on the gauge.

The stat is rated as 73 degrees so I was expecting a lower operating temp or is it just a case of rather than lower the operating temperature the thermostat opens earlier and the operating temp stays around the 80 deg mark in normal use?

Steve, mine didnt change on the gauge especially this time of year it moved less in the summer :thumb:

Thefinn said:
that's how mine is but you should notice that the oil temp doesn't get as high, especially in traffic durring the summer.
This is the right call if fitted correctly.

~ Maxie :thumb:

My oil temp gauge dropped by about 8 degrees but water stayed same. Car definitely runs cooler.
It is said that the water temp gauge isn't very accurate and doesn't necessarily show modest fluctuations .

I wouldn't expect the gauge to be great at showing the actual water temperature. The OBD reading would be better.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back