Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Viewing my first 997 tonight

An engine rebuild and new engine car and both early 20k money that has to be the way to go. :thumb: :thumb:

@benbuhagiar You may be interested to know I have just viewed the Silver 997 at VVS today. Agree with all your observations and thanks for the feedback given by all others. I googled the reg number and up popped this forum string - excellent.
Out of interest, was the Carrera S built with a 3.6 engine for this year or just the 3.8 ?
Thanks

ianmcmahon said:
@benbuhagiar You may be interested to know I have just viewed the Silver 997 at VVS today. Agree with all your observations and thanks for the feedback given by all others. I googled the reg number and up popped this forum string - excellent.
Out of interest, was the Carrera S built with a 3.6 engine for this year or just the 3.8 ?
Thanks

997 Carrera S = 3.8
997 Carrera = 3.6

I'm sure the air filter cover showed 3.6 and is advertised as 3.6
Strange!

ianmcmahon said:
Thanks

Its that very confusing way they advertise these cars there is the Carrera S 3.8 and Carrera 3.6 but if they have the tiptronic box its refered to as a tiptronic S
this has confused many many people.
But the car you looked at is a 3.6 Carrera they also have volcano interior metal trim cup holder etc whereas the 3.8 Carrera S has Galvarno silver interior trim.
hope that helps clear up the confusion :thumb:

Hi @ianmcmahon

I take it you are not going ahead with the car then? I see they have dropped the price by £1k this week.

@Phil 997 Thanks for the info which clears my suspicion on that element.
@benbuhagiar I must admit I am tempted at the right price. I have done a bit of digging - the MOT history/dates/road tax etc def could be suspicious. Having said that, it could be a straight car that has sat around a bit (was pxed April 17) and compared to the stock they have this Porsche is peanuts! Needs a bit of TLC and could be a really nice car. Wouldn't consider a buy though without a full indi mechanical check/report with borescope.
Ummmm............
Are you still thinking about it?
Ian

In the current market, prices are rising, and probably have been for at least 2 years. Everything I've read about the market predictions for this year say that they will keep rising and rising. So, before you decide to wait and save up, just realise that if you do, you risk the car rising anyway, and possibly faster than you save up, so any higher budget may well mean the same car is actually out of reach.......

Although a lot of investor buyers have disappeared recently, the enthusiasts are still around and driving prices up.

@ianmcmahon I think the car is a good buy at the right price. I will private message you shortly.

I am going to save up a bit more and hopefully be in a much stronger position later in the year. Hopefully get myself into a Gen2 car.

@resigner Are prices still rising? Yes they have over the last 2 years but haven't seen any increases in the last 6 months or so. There are a lot of 997s for sale and it is very much a buyers market.

I've also been keeping an eye on 981 Boxster, Jag F-type and Alfa Romeo 4C, and they have all come down in value over the last 6 months by good few thousand. Admittedly not a fair comparison to a 997.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back