Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Intercooler upgrade 997.1 turbo

Very interesting MC, the RS coolers look to perform very well indeed, I would have expected higher temps than those recorded under the conditions.

The brake temps were also eye opening, as there was a discrepancy between the left and right at one point, cross wind?

Do you know what the logging frequency was on the throttle position?

Keep this sort of stuff coming!

DynoMike said:
Very interesting MC, the RS coolers look to perform very well indeed, I would have expected higher temps than those recorded under the conditions.

The brake temps were also eye opening, as there was a discrepancy between the left and right at one point, cross wind?

Do you know what the logging frequency was on the throttle position?

Keep this sort of stuff coming!

The brake temperatures were front and rear, both on the offside. The fronts got hotter but were more affected by the change in the wind. It just goes to show the importance of consistency in testing.

I can send you the full data file if you like, you can download the software and have a play with it. I don't want to go too far OT.

MC

MisterCorn said:
The brake temperatures were front and rear, both on the offside. The fronts got hotter but were more affected by the change in the wind. It just goes to show the importance of consistency in testing.

I can send you the full data file if you like, you can download the software and have a play with it. I don't want to go too far OT.

MC

Ah, I see, my mistake. This only goes to show how well balanced porsche got the braking system on the car, your 6 pots notwithstanding.

Yes, it would be good to take a look at the file.

Sorry OP, back on topic now :thumb:

The GT2RS intercoolers are widely regarded as a very good upgrade. I bought a set brand new last year for less than £600.

However as I had some money burning a hole in my pocket ive since bought the do88 big pack intercoolers, which came in at about £3500. Big difference in price. The do88 ones do have a slightly better flow than the GT2RS ones when you look at their graphs, but realistically unless your going to be running over 600bhp then the GT2RS ones are apparently fine.

I actually am selling the GT2RS ones I bought last year now as I never used them.

isysman said:
I upgraded to OEM GT2RS intercoolers. My car has had a power upgrade as well and they are just fine. And I think they cost £1700-1800

The 997.2 turbo OEM intercoolers are the same as th OEM intercoolers fitted to the 997.2 GT2RS however not sure whether they are priced differently.

Hope that helps

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back