Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2 / TARGA 4S / GTS

Phil 997 said:
maph said:
SGH said:
Yes driven quite a few now, Targa 4 & 4S, C4S, C2, Turbo with Tiptronic, Turbo with PDK, GTS, and C2S decision is PDK top of my list as would a Turbo but out of my budget.

Would not want anything without Sport Chrono Pack either.

Long shot but this may go for close to your top budget. If listed trade it would be £90K+ but ebay is a bad place to sell these types of cars and it is a bad time of year. If it could be had for £75- £80K it would be as safe an investment as any other 997 IMO.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I would be getting in contact with the owner if I were you and having a conversation.......never know your luck.

Looking on Cazana it looks like it has done approx 32K and the owner has had it for 4+ years. It is likely to be picked up by a trader but the seller may prefer to sell it to a private owner.

Obviously make a PPI part of any deal :thumb:

Thats bloody nice a Turbo S with an aerokit if you could get that within your 70K budget happy days :thumb: it doesnt mention milage in the ad maybe just an oversight or is it going to shock you :dont know:

If I was looking and had your budget i'd be making this guy my new best friend, offer him your £70k and any sexual favour needed :floor: hedge cutting, grass cutting, get the wife to clean his house anything :floor: :floor:

SGH said:
I'm not buying to make money just don't want to spend say £70k on a GTS and in four or five years time with additional 20,000 miles on it find it's worth half that. ?

I might be going mad but I remember that Before the current bubble that is exactly what used to happen to prices over 4-5 years. Depreciation Tapered off after 7-8 years old but the assumption was 40-50% depreciation.

I'm sure others that follow the market in detail will know the specifics, but that's what happened with my previous cars.....obviously not GT models. :dont know:

silvermilnec said:
resigner said:
That turbo S had 31k miles when it was MOT'd in October....

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

I sent a cheeky email to the guy, it's done 31655 is reserve is £90k but would take £85k
:eek:

Thats the right sort of money for it, Aaron has his Turbo S up for the same sort of money. So stop the rush, tell the wife not to put her short skirt on, no super bargain to be had. :grin: :grin:

SGH said:
:grin: :grin: Not for me anyway, black and ceramic brakes :eek:

I never liked black but now have the turbo in Black it's going to be hard to go back! Looking forward to see what you get :thumb:

SGH said:
silvermilnec said:
You are in the right place, phil will spend your money be warned!!

Also be warned these cars are addictive!!

I'd also throw in try a 991 at £70k you would get a good low mileage 4S with a full glass roof! I wanted a targa but my indy put me off saying he seen leaks into the ecu.

What about a Turbo?

As all ready said, try as many as you can they are all different.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I have ruled out a Targa now due to many reports of roof issues be it creaking or leaking and also ruled out a Turbo on my budget.

I like the look of the 991 on the outside but not inside.

£70k gets you a very nice Turbo - Flagship non-GT model.

OP if you're worried about deprecation and/or running costs I'd probably avoid the Targa. I've got a couple of mates who both have 993 Targa's and both have owned them for ten years...both have had troubles with the roof mechanism and one now wants to get his resprayed and nobody will give him a fixed cost quote because getting the roof mechanism out and back in is a) very labour intensive and b) will likely result in a long list of replacement parts.

Also as these cars get older and they become more of a car to be enjoyed at weekends specs that maximise driving pleasure tend to be the most sort after. So RWD coupe's are the most popular and obviously manual gearboxes are sort after too as they are less than 105 of 997 production. But if you want PDK you want PDK! It's still a great gearbox but will age the car as already people compare the 997 PDK to the 991 PDK and prefer the latter.

I've got a manual 997 GTS which I love and that car you have linked to is a nice car and has a mileage that could see you put 10k miles on it and I don't think it would really hit you in the pocket. They're fantastic cars and in the two years I've owned mine I could have sold it several times to people that have approached me about it. The chassis is a little bit sportier than an S and is a great set up for Uk country lanes and B road driving. Also the Powerkit engine is a big difference with the GTS...has a much nicer top end. Only negative in the car you linked to is that it doesn't have the Alcantara which is very popular/sort after.

SGH said:
:thumb:

Looking at the GTS next week.

Also hope to be looking at this one soon, but quite a hike from me from the south coast..

http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=8105

I saw that when it popped up and thought it was a stunning car with all the right boxes ticked. Will be interested in your view between that and the GTS but I think I might struggle to justify the price difference. Especially if that C2S is as good as it looks.

Don't get me wrong I would love a GTS but I did buy a 2010 997 rather than a 2012 991 because it saved me £20k. Very different cars and circumstances but I did struggle with the 'value proposition' at the time and I think that has only been reinforced since owning the car.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back