Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre advice request, Pirelli to Michelin

resigner said:
Op, change all 4. 3.5mm is almost nothing!

Ahhh I missed that when I read your first post... yeah you want to be changing them when you hit 3mm anyway really so might as well change all of them now! :thumb:

resigner said:
Interesting, about to need rears, but fronts (PS2's) are fine. I want to go to MPS4SPS4 thingys, it that a problem with PS2's on the front still? Car is now out of warranty so I can at last move on from PS2's so something more modern :)

Just did this and the car handled absolutely fine well, actually better.

excellent, found them for £262 each delivered to my friendly autocentre who fit my tyres. Sound about right?

resigner said:
excellent, found them for £262 each delivered to my friendly autocentre who fit my tyres. Sound about right?

There or there abouts mate. There'll always be the odd better deal if you're willing to wait and/or hunt about. I ended up getting mine from Camskill but had the luxury of watching their prices rise and fall almost daily for quite a while before hitting the buy button. Think I managed to get mine for just under £255 each delivered (to NI) so there's not a massive amount of difference.

Great tyre and I'm sure you'll be pleased. :thumbs:

Mikee Quickstep said:
resigner said:
Op, change all 4. 3.5mm is almost nothing!

Ahhh I missed that when I read your first post... yeah you want to be changing them when you hit 3mm anyway really so might as well change all of them now! :thumb:

3.5 was the single lowest measurement, most measurements across the width (at various radial positions) were 3.8 to 4.0.

If I go for 305 at the rear instead of 295, blackcirclesquote £871 for all 4 fitted.

With 295 at rear oponeo is £894 fitted

Fronts from black circles + rears from oponeo = £881 fitted

I'm hoping my local f1 autocentre (good guys) will price match like last time.

Any thoughts on 305/19 vs 295/19? No PASM on my misery spec c2. I'm inclined to go with factory spec 295

James M-S said:
Any thoughts on 305/19 vs 295/19? No PASM on my misery spec c2. I'm inclined to go with factory spec 295

Both are actually factory spec - which it will have been supplied with originally will have been determined by which wheel type was optioned. If on 11.5J Sport Classic or Carrera Sport rims (and also 12J GT3 wheels) then you should fit the 305. Otherwise you will have 11J and are fine to fit either (for reference, the Turbo came with 305s for summer wheels and 295s for winter on the same 11J rim).

James M-S said:

I'd stick to factory spec. They know what they are doing. :)

Id just go for the fronts. You'll be fine.
Michelin is the way to go :thumb:

Id just go for the fronts. You'll be fine.
Michelin is the way to go :thumb:

Tried a few types over the years but now I stick to Michelin's with 305 on the rear.
It's just 'works' if you know what I mean.

Set of fronts ordered for £350 fitted (f1 autocentre price matched Camskill)

Getting them fitted next weekend.

If the car tries to kill me I'll Pirouette back home and order some rears. :drive:

Will report back either way

James

My local F1 autocentre (Hertford, brilliant) has just ordered me 2 PS4S rears for £520 all fitted etc. Should get them sometime this week :)

Best I could was £262 each not fitted so thats a great price :)

resigner said:
My local F1 autocentre (Hertford, brilliant) has just ordered me 2 PS4S rears for £520 all fitted etc. Should get them sometime this week :)

Nest I could was £262 each not fitted so thats a great price :)

Good result! :thumbs:

PS4S now fitted at front, Pzero still on rear.

I'm still alive :wink:

Car feels so much sharper on turn-in. Rear still feels planted. (Only been out in the dry so far)

I can't believe how numb the steering feedback had got. The MP4S feel much better than my last new Pzero. Date codes tell me the new ones were manufactured 6 months ago, whereas my last new Pzero fronts were over a year old at time of fitting.

Can't wait until I get new rears, but I have no plans to change prematurely.

James

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back