Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 paddle wheel heated?

ash005

after a bit of advice

noticed yesterday that when i turn on the drivers seat heater a message appears on the dash stating "heated steering wheel off"

i dont think i have a heated wheel, but does anyone know anything about this message

cheers

ash .

If your unsure wether you have a heated wheel, feel behind the lower central spoke for a button there! - I know someone who didn't realise for years that they had a heated wheel having never noticed the button! :lol:

Have a look (or a feel) and report back!

Here is a pic of a lovely 'wood finish' :eek: 997 wheel showing where the heating button is located at the bottom rear of the lower central spoke.

edit: no wonder its for sale on ebay!

Attachments

• wheel_170.jpg
    wheel_170.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 3,911
monster said:
Here is a pic of a lovely 'wood finish' :eek: 997 wheel showing where the heating button is located at the bottom rear of the lower central spoke.

edit: no wonder its for sale on ebay!

Monster that wheel would look great on your car mate :floor: :floor: surely only Americans would spec wood finish on a 997

Phil 997 said:
[Monster that wheel would look great on your car mate :floor: :floor: surely only Americans would spec wood finish on a 997

:lol: :lol: I've got enough splinters in my fingers already from removing Lee's booster seats :D

monster said:
Phil 997 said:
[Monster that wheel would look great on your car mate :floor: :floor: surely only Americans would spec wood finish on a 997

:lol: :lol: I've got enough splinters in my fingers already from removing Lee's booster seats :D

:floor: :floor: :floor:

monster said:

I still laugh when I think about that :floor:

Lee was delighted with the "downgrade" :grin:

K888ETH said:
monster said:

I still laugh when I think about that :floor:

Lee was delighted with the "downgrade" :grin:

But he now thinks there too soft and wants his bit of 4x2 back :floor: :floor:
Still funny 9k of carbon seats with a piece of plywood under to make them higher :floor: :floor:

Early Gen 2 Cars will switch on the wheel with the heated seats. My OPC said it was not possible. I've tried a 59 reg and it doesn't do it.

Wheels with real paddles are not heated on the 997, just the multifunction wheel with buttons. Maybe the paddle wheel was retro fitted.

'Real' paddle steering wheel did come with the heated (button on bottom rear) option. I remember seeing it in an OPC mag/on-line after I had my non-heated one fitted! :x

I last spoke to Porsche about it two years ago and there was no heated version. Cars are going in very soon and I'll ask again.

It's not available on the Sports Design wheel for either manual or PDK:

SportDesign steering wheel

Steering wheel in a particularly sporty design. Covered with smooth-finish leather in selected interior colours: steering wheel rim.
Please note: The airbag module is not included in the scope of supply. Without heated steering wheel.

Porsche Tequipment GB catalogue

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back