Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Wheel Nut Set - Where to Buy

Jam911

I just had Event Tyres (now the AA) fit a new set of rear tyres.
He showed me the bolts and they are corroded so I need a new set.
Where's the best place to get new ones please?
Thanks

Corroded as in falling appart or as in they need sanding down and repainting ?

The collars rot out ( the spacer ) and then they do need replaceing .. if not its just a sand and paint job.

Afraid i can only say OPC .. ive seen many aftermarket types .. hmm .. nice if they fit i guess .. most ive seen have too small tapers ( the cone bit ) and i dont like them .. my opinion only though .

Jam911 said:
I just had Event Tyres (now the AA) fit a new set of rear tyres.
He showed me the bolts and they are corroded so I need a new set.
Where's the best place to get new ones please?
Thanks

Hi Jam

I bought a complete set from Design 911 as when I inspected the car initially I'd noticed they were slightly rusted. I believe they also sell the Porsche genuine Thatcham set.

They're sitting on a desk at current so I can't really attest to the quality. However for all intensive purposes they appear to be absolutely fine and of the same proportions - to be honest I fully expect they'll fit just fine. Guess if you're still looking at the time I can let you know how they are when I've fitted them - won't be for another week or so though!

All the best
Josh

Do not buy from design 911, quality is very poor, the locking nut key sheared off on mine and the coded replacement i got from them didnt fit. In the end i had to have lugs welded on to remove them and a wheel refurb

When i complained they basically insulted me and threatened me with legal action if i told anyone

pcat said:
Do not buy from design 911, quality is very poor, the locking nut key sheared off on mine and the coded replacement i got from them didnt fit. In the end i had to have lugs welded on to remove them and a wheel refurb

When i complained they basically insulted me and threatened me with legal action if i told anyone

Was this the Porsche genuine set they sell? :?: Concerning, and as I say I haven't yet fitted mine so can't attest, though I've bought a few bits from them already and can't say any of it appears to be disastrous quality.

Perhaps you should be the one threatening legal action if they have sent you s--t!

Genuine Porsche ones will again rust after a year or two, I got over this by buying titanium ones, circa £350 from PorscheShop (!) quite a few years ago and still look as new.

On a side note, I also had a bad experience with Design 911, won't use them again. Saying that, PorscheShop aren't very good either!

I went for getting the from Fraserpart in the end.

Competitive and very helpful, especially when you don't order enough nuts !!

Jam911 said:
I went for getting the from Fraserpart in the end.

Competitive and very helpful, especially when you don't order enough nuts !!

FraserPart are lovely people to deal with and great service - unlike some of the others mentioned...

pcat said:

Wow that is appalling :eek:

if you want original Porsche ones get a cost from your local OPC as they are cheaper than D911 most of the time and will deliver FOC. Don't forget to ask for 911iuk discount which should be good for 10% or 12.5% if you are feeling cheeky and push a bit more.

If its just surface rust, standard replacements will soon go the same way. To avoid a lot of unnecessary expense I just give mine a quick refurb every so often.

Whip them off the car, give them a quick wire brush and spray them over with a paint of your choice! - They then look as good as new for a year or two - then repeat!

I have Carrera Sports on my car, they are GT Silver as standard, so I use a tin of that so they match perfectly with the wheels.

Martian said:
Genuine Porsche ones will again rust after a year or two, I got over this by buying titanium ones, circa £350 from PorscheShop (!) quite a few years ago and still look as new.

On a side note, I also had a bad experience with Design 911, won't use them again. Saying that, PorscheShop aren't very good either!

Had a terrible experience with Porscheshop and from what I can tell, Design 911 buy parts from OPCs and then mark them up :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back