Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best Tyres for a C4S?

galahad said:
I'm having a PS2 N4 rear PS4 front combo fitted tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. Currently has N2 PS all round.

Given the different sizes and on the car and the variety of sizes on different 996 models, and the fact that the wear rates are already very different front to back, I am sure it'll be fine..

Ditto, I had PS4 fronts & PS2 N4 rears fitted in summer & then took my car to Centre Gravity, not an issue mixing them.

PS4 is newer & more advanced shame they didn't do 295's in them at the time.

Falkens all round. Out of contis, michelin & nankang, they're the best tyres I've worn (out).

alex yates said:
Falkens all round. Out of contis, michelin & nankang, they're the best tyres I've worn (out).

Really :?:
Cos you wrote this about them in your own tyre review just over a week ago??

"Well......what can I say.......give me my Nankangs back!!!! I'm not keen on these Falkens at all. Why, well the grip on them on the front is just too good and it's turned the car into a death trap!!!?"

Nice dash mod btw tho

:puh:

Yes......because the grip on the Falkens is TOO GOOD I think I wrote. Thanks for the compliment on the HVAC.

Anything but Pirelli.. They make a horrible drone noise...
I've got Bridgestones all round.... cheap and N rated for the purists

alex yates said:
Yes......because the grip on the Falkens is TOO GOOD I think I wrote. Thanks for the compliment on the HVAC.

No worries, nice job - fair play.

Have you got used to your Falkens now then :?

Taking price out of the equation entirely (I say this for a reason!) do you seriously think the Azenis are better than a set of Pilot Sports for my C4S?
:dont know:

Also bear in mind my running gear is different from yours.

Bear in mind both C4 & C4S have same running gear. The michelins I had were the track ones with half thread on. Good but only lasted about 5 months. The Falkens are amazing grip, equivalent to the michelins I had, if not better, and they've lasted a lot longer.

Starting to get used to the roundabout drifting.....loads of fun but much care and attention needed. Regaddless of price, the Falkens are a darn good all rounder. I know some of the 997 lads wear them and can't fault.

Interesting. As I said before, have heard good things about them but thought the PS2's would be a fairly safe bet and probably better (not necessarily better value but cost is not a factor due to circumstances).

In terms running gear what I meant was mine being wide body/wider track, different brakes/suspension and additional hubcentrics :thumb:

Ah ok. Thought the track was same though. C4S just has wider rear wheels.

alex yates said:
Ah ok. Thought the track was same though. C4S just has wider rear wheels.

Yes and them of course :thumb:

The Azenis are available for the C4S tyre sizes but I looked at a few different brands and read owner reviews on here and elsewhere and the PS2's even though they are 'old technology' still seem to get the overall thumbs up.

I am not a tyre snob either btw :lol: I have had loads of different cars and loads of different brand tyres over the years :grin:

:thumb:

Vote with your feet. Either way, I can't see you being disappointed with either choice.

alex yates said:
The michelins I had were the track ones with half thread on. Good but only lasted about 5 months. The Falkens are amazing grip, equivalent to the michelins I had, if not better, and they've lasted a lot longer.

you really can't compare a set of half worn track Michelins to a new set of PS2s. its going to be night and day.

new PS2s are going to be great and all you need. perfect for a daily road going car.

also how long you planning to keep the car? you might change your mind in 18 months and it will be a lot easier to sell on if running top end tyres like Michelin and not budget.

a buyer will be thinking budget tyres....what else is budget on the car?

They weren't half worn, they were the track tyres and manufactured with a lower tread depth.

As for the other comment, it all depends on how much of a snob the buyer is with regards to tyres. The bills and receipts will show what other quality of parts have been fitted.

NLW73 said:
alex yates said:
The michelins I had were the track ones with half thread on. Good but only lasted about 5 months. The Falkens are amazing grip, equivalent to the michelins I had, if not better, and they've lasted a lot longer.

you really can't compare a set of half worn track Michelins to a new set of PS2s. its going to be night and day.

new PS2s are going to be great and all you need. perfect for a daily road going car.

also how long you planning to keep the car? you might change your mind in 18 months and it will be a lot easier to sell on if running top end tyres like Michelin and not budget.

a buyer will be thinking budget tyres....what else is budget on the car?

Yep valid point. Maybe not 18 months (unless a Turbo opportunity arises :lol:)
but certainly in a few years and with the mileage I am 'not' putting on the car the PS2's should stand me in good steed.

I have normally taken the view that if I am going to replace something I will try and upgrade as well. This way over the course of ownership I am also improving the vehicle. I don't mind spending a few quid within reason - I think the car warrants it tbh and compared to most other similar marques these are not fortunes to own and run :)

Tyres for example. Look at run flats and some of the larger and lower profile tyres for other premium brands and SUV's - you can pay through the nose just for a replacement let alone a full set.

So far quite happy with cost of ownership and getting 22mpg out of a Tip when normally driven with zest is properly respectable IMO :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back