Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unicorn that is really a beast

Phil 997 said:
MFP good to see you have picked up the beauty , it was a good decision to go for that one. hope to see it up close at some point maybe Dinslaken in May if your up for a hoon across Europe :thumb:

Sounds like a great gig, sadly I'm limited by my Chemo treatments as to when I can come out to play, although I am due another 'holiday' from treatment at the end of April :?:
So it just a matter of fitting in 2/3 days 'playing' and a family holiday in the sun...... We shall see : :D

MaxA said:
I've come round to the view that all Turbo's should be Guards Red from the factory.

#becauseTurbo

:worship:

Fully aligned :thumbs:

MaxA said:
Main Force Patrol said:
* Is it just me or when you pick a new car do you see disaster at every corner, bend, traffic lights, junction and crossing ?

* It seemed a shame to add over a hundred miles to the speedo just on the motorway, but having said that it was a nervous drive back anyway :sad:

* I almost doubled the mpg by cruising @ 70mph, which was good :D

* It's a very tractable engine, since I was very respectful of the power on tap, I was also shocked how easy it is to drive, once of course I got over my first stall :floor:

* People stared at me (or is it the car?) :oops:

* When I just touched the right peddle too much, I love the response, I think it will become more than addictive :thumbs:

* Mrs SPG loves my new car too, always handy come service time :grin:

I seem to be - mostly - agreeing with you, Special Patrol Group:

Yes, your car becomes a knob magnet. See next comment.

Yes, I drove like a pussy the first time too.

Yes, cruising is very dull indeed. I managed to wangle my theoretical range up to about 890km or so. Until I left the motorway.

Yes, some hobo with a can of beer on the go at 0749 this morning gave me the come-hither this morning. I assume he was building up to a snarky comment but he couldn't qute get it out. #loveporsche

Yes, the right peddle is magic. Press down, and watch the fuel gauge head the other way.

And I rather hope that mrs SPG doesn't like the car. Or you may never see it again.

Thanks 🙏
Mrs MFP used to have a brand spanking new Boxter but she didn't like the harshness of the suspension after 6 months, so she sold it back to an OPC that was just opening and looking for quality stock. She's more of 3 series BMW girl, plus she is not insured for the Turbo at the moment, which is a schoolboy error on my part because it usually reduces the cost ( Doctors are considered safe bets and it's normally worth £20/30 discount )

Reading the manual

Being a man I never read a manual unless I can possibly help it....
But today I'm going to have bite the bullet, the car has 5/6 different light switch positions, most of which are not intuitive to my eye :roll:

So I have decided to break my learning down to 'elephant bites', first will be basics/essentials like lights, refuelling and mobile phone connection, eventually I will allocate a whole morning to the electric seats :grin:

Please be prepared to support me, my slight dyslexia doesn't lend its self to 'reading manual and then do' type learning, I'm more of a 'show me a nice picture then let me try' but don't leave incase I ***** it up and need more help :pc: :oops:

Great choice! They do look good in red.

I remember that first drive home, the emotions switch from excitement to all-out fear in a split second :D

Enjoy :thumb:

Boom lovely :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back