Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best Tyres for a C4S?

C4-STORM

Morning all.

2004 C4S Tip.

Any latest advice on tyres please people :thumbs:

Full set of 4, was thinking Michelin as per my previous thread but really after some feedback from others.

PS2's? PS4's? Or other?

Not for tracking, not my daily but used all year round so not precious about the wet..

Have searched previous threads but tyre manufacturers update and owner recommendations seem to change (like oil!)

Anyone changed their boots recently on here :?:

PS4s without any doubt. Brilliant tyres for your daily and work in the wet and cold.

PS2 is ten year old tech now and things have moved along a lot.

Spend the extra and get brilliant tyres. Drove a mates m3 on them and I was amazed at how well they work even in this crappy cold sloppy weather on a 500bhp plus rear wheel drive car.

Check you can get then in 18s as he is running on 19s

It's always worth going with the absolute latest tyres you can find in my opinion. And on a 911, Michelin is the way to go.

Ive got Falken's on mine - they are very hardy and long lasting. Nice and grippy too, and far more competitive on price that many others...

Osh

When I looked, I couldn't get them (PS4's) in the correct size for the rears (about 9 months ago), so ended up with PS2's all round and very happy with them - may do them in 4's now though :?:

4b4 said:
When I looked, I couldn't get them (PS4's) in the correct size for the rears (about 9 months ago), so ended up with PS2's all round and very happy with them - may do them in 4's now though :?:

Ditto with me and hence running ps2s all round. Very happy with them for generally tooling around, and also on the odd spirited drive. They feel very strong and sticky, wet or dry. I have also heard good reports on falken as recommended by Osh and happily fit those.
Cheers
Rick

Thanks for all the comments guys :thumb:

I had the same results trying to source PS4's for each corner and on my previous thread was advised not to mix PS2 with PS4 across the axels so may well opt for PS2 all-round as others.

Have heard good things about Yoko's as well?

And falkens again seem to get great reviews for quality against price.

As others have said they didn't do PS4s in the correct sizes for mine, so went for a set of N-rated PS2s which although a few years old in design is still an excellent tyre IMHO. Had them on one of the AMGs a few years ago too and was equally impressed.

Costco have a deal on Michelin at the moment and their fitting service is first class.

Falkens are budget tyres. Question was what are the best tyres not the cheapest. Michelin all day for Porsche.

Agreed on Costco Michelin deal and their fitting is great.

If you cannot get ps4s then go ps2.

Modern sports cars babe bigger wheels and brakes now plus more weight which is why they start at 19s maybe for the modern sports and hi performance cars

I'm having a PS2 N4 rear PS4 front combo fitted tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. Currently has N2 PS all round.

Given the different sizes and on the car and the variety of sizes on different 996 models, and the fact that the wear rates are already very different front to back, I am sure it'll be fine..

Full set of PS2's ordered up for fitment Monday. PS4's are not available for the rears and I didn't personally want to mix them.

I will update thereafter as currently running Kumho's which I would say have been ok but just that, ok.

Looking forward to the upgrade :lol:

Thanks again for all the comments :thumbs:

galahad said:
I'm having a PS2 N4 rear PS4 front combo fitted tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. Currently has N2 PS all round.

Given the different sizes and on the car and the variety of sizes on different 996 models, and the fact that the wear rates are already very different front to back, I am sure it'll be fine..

Hi mate. I for one would be interested to hear how you find this combination. Shame they don't do the PS4 for the rears as I would have liked these :thumb:

C4-STORM said:
Full set of PS2's ordered up for fitment Monday. PS4's are not available for the rears and I didn't personally want to mix them.

My thoughts exactly - wanted a 'matched set'

Oh, and Black Circle supplied all 4 and the dates were all less than 2 months old :thumb:

4b4 said:
C4-STORM said:

My thoughts exactly - wanted a 'matched set'

Oh, and Black Circle supplied all 4 and the dates were all less than 2 months old :thumb:

What pressures have you decided to go with then :)

I would like PS4s but of course they're not available in 285/18

My car currently has 285/35/18s, no good for a C4s because of the different rolling radius but ok on a C2 and they have 2 advantages, a better rise and the speedo reads more accurately!

I have thought about fitting 275/35/18 PS4s on the rear rather than 285 PS2s.

What do people think?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back