Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie first post. Anyone know this 996?

:welcome:

Lovely colour :thumbs:

He has a lovely Corvette for sale too :eek:

:thumb:

I really like that colour; it stands out from the crowd but not in your face kind of way. As others have said i'd be looking to return the wheels to silver; painintg the bonnet/roof/tail in black would be a no-no for me - i'd want to keep it as pretty as possible.

Let us al know how you get on m8 - great to see another early 996 in the fold... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Osh

Cheers guys for the continued comments and advice.

I've called the garage this morning and no reply. Hopefully they'll call me back soon.

I've got a contingency pot and under no illusions that nothing will need doing to it. It's an 18 year old car after all! Colour changes would only be wrap, not re spray, so easy to change back.

If I knew the VIN number I could check what options it came with but don't think reg number helps in that respect? :dont know:

ebmbiker said:
Cheers guys for the continued comments and advice.

I've called the garage this morning and no reply. Hopefully they'll call me back soon.

I've got a contingency pot and under no illusions that nothing will need doing to it. It's an 18 year old car after all! Colour changes would only be wrap, not re spray, so easy to change back.

If I knew the VIN number I could check what options it came with but don't think reg number helps in that respect? :dont know:

Aside from the wheels, looks fairly standard from the pics.

It's a low mileage, manual, C2 so there's 3 good reasons for the purists!

If you visit, check for paint correction and quality of any. I am sure at that age it will have had some cosmetic work done but check around the door shuts, window seals for poor masking/lacquer peel etc.

I looked at a Seal Grey Targa described as 'best example you will find' but tell-tail signs of paint repairs to doors and front wings which did not meet expectation for me. Check the bolts which secure the front wings when you lift the frunk.. just a few pointers :thumb:

I'd say options don't really matter, I don't think they are sensitive to price.

M030 OK some love it, I don't. The dampers will be well worn in at that mileage anyway so its largely moot.
M220 LSD, again LSD is a nice badge to wear at Porsche meets but the friction plates will be well worn out and the LSD won't be very effective after 68k miles.

Unlikely to have cruise control, fairly rare on a cable throttle car. Heated seats are nice in winter.

wasz said:
I'd say options don't really matter, I don't think they are sensitive to price.

M030 OK some love it, I don't. The dampers will be well worn in at that mileage anyway so its largely moot.
M220 LSD, again LSD is a nice badge to wear at Porsche meets but the friction plates will be well worn out and the LSD won't be very effective after 68k miles.

Unlikely to have cruise control, fairly rare on a cable throttle car. Heated seats are nice in winter.

That's exactly my way of thinking.

Frustratingly, the dealer is away until early next week so I can't get any info on the car.

There's some great threads on here of people's 'journeys' in 996 ownership.

T8 said:
Palladium said:
what are the old m.o.t's saying?

you can get a pattern sometimes.

Good call - no issues there.

==> https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

It hasn't done many miles each year since 2006.

Yup, checked that already. Bit of a sod I can't get any info at the moment re service history and the recent work. And number of previous owners.

for that mileage, i could forget the colour, i reckon its a bargain at 14

it looks a very tidy car,

you say you cant get hold of the owner?

it may be sold if that's the case. i never forget my 996, the acceleration and road holding alone was worth the money.

ebmbiker said:
T8 said:
Palladium said:

Yup, checked that already. Bit of a sod I can't get any info at the moment re service history and the recent work. And number of previous owners.

'Cazana' says that it has 6 owners prior to the current one and that it was run on Reg No 48 AER.

==> https://cazana.com/uk/car/V791JGX

Their Valuation is pretty much spot-on too. :D

T8 said:
ebmbiker said:
T8 said:
Palladium said:

'Cazana' says that it has 6 owners prior to the current one and that it was run on Reg No 48 AER.

==> https://cazana.com/uk/car/V791JGX

Their Valuation is pretty much spot-on too. :D

Thanks T8 :thumb: I never knew such a website existed!

I'm going to have a look at this car next week

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back