Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 24
997 : 2004- 89
996 : 1997-2005 42
993 : 1993-1998 6
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 16
Cayman : 2005- 11
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
todayimdriving
Newbie


Joined: 03 Dec 2017
Posts: 13



PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: 997.1 Aero Kit Bumper Reply with quote

I’m after the aero kit bumper for the front of my c2s but can’t seem to find it for under £800ish...even used, damaged ones on eBay!
Can anyone point me in the right direction where I might find it for cheaper than this?
I’ve seen a couple of knock off ones on eBay which show a picture of a Gt3 and then probably a totally different bumper turns up! Judging by the eBay feedback!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
elliot_holder
Nürburgring


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 387
Location: Guildford


PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that seems to be the going rate.

From experience you might need to just bite the bullet.

Much better to buy a used OEM bumper than go after market where quality and fit are often poor and might require more time to prep and paint.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
elliot_holder
Nürburgring


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 387
Location: Guildford


PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that seems to be the going rate.

From experience you might need to just bite the bullet.

Much better to buy a used OEM bumper than go after market where quality and fit are often poor and might require more time to prep and paint.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 14269
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would deffinitly avoid the GRP/fibreglass aftermarket ones , if your going aftermarket find a PU one, the OE ones do show up on ebay from time to time but £600 to £1000 is what they sell for
dont forget you will need the GT3 type intakes so if they dont come wit it budget another £150ish. The centre one on tips and blanking panel on manuals is the same so you can use your old one. Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mikee Quickstep
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Posts: 115
Location: London


PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://teile.com/en/porsche-tequipment-shop/model-911-997/15/Exterieur/802A-Front-bumper/44/Aero-Kit-CUP-GT3-Look-front-bumper-covering-without-headlight-washer-system/14218

I’ve been looking for ages and I think this is the best price you will get, brand new oem for 870 euros.

The big problem for me isn’t the bumper it’s finding the aerocup / gt3 wing at an affordable price, brand new is like 4.5k and 2nd hand still well over 2.5.... nooo
_________________
06 997.1 C2S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 14269
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikee Quickstep wrote:
https://teile.com/en/porsche-tequipment-shop/model-911-997/15/Exterieur/802A-Front-bumper/44/Aero-Kit-CUP-GT3-Look-front-bumper-covering-without-headlight-washer-system/14218

I’ve been looking for ages and I think this is the best price you will get, brand new oem for 870 euros.

The big problem for me isn’t the bumper it’s finding the aerocup / gt3 wing at an affordable price, brand new is like 4.5k and 2nd hand still well over 2.5.... nooo


That is a good option Mike Thumb

just a heads up for anyone looking for an aero wing ,make sure you dont buy a GT3 wing as the air intake is in the wrong place and the fan is also in the wrong place . So make sure you see a pic of the underside. as its hard to tell from the outside as you cant actually see that the aero is a one position wing and the GT3 has an adjustable wing
Also when you find your aero wing dont be surprissed if you need to buy a different fan (only about£80 ) as the three screw type with the light on it may have to be changed to a 4 screw type with no light .

Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mikee Quickstep
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Posts: 115
Location: London


PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:


just a heads up for anyone looking for an aero wing ,make sure you dont buy a GT3 wing as the air intake is in the wrong place and the fan is also in the wrong place . So make sure you see a pic of the underside. as its hard to tell from the outside as you cant actually see that the aero is a one position wing and the GT3 has an adjustable wing
Also when you find your aero wing dont be surprissed if you need to buy a different fan (only about£80 ) as the three screw type with the light on it may have to be changed to a 4 screw type with no light .

Thumb


Ah thanks Phil don’t know that! When I eventually find the cash I’ll make sure I buy the right one! Thumb
_________________
06 997.1 C2S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Barcelona


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1348
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Teile is the best option at around £800 plus shipping, have been looking for a long time myself, most secondhand items are very pricey and usually damaged/repaired, like this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-GT3-997-MODEL-MK-1-FRONT-BUMPER-2005-2009-MODEL/122867681697?hash=item1c9b7c09a1:g:NE0AAOSwCJRZjdSH

This is one of my projects this year. If I remember they also do a package with a spoiler lip too!
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Zolder


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 5345
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would not touch a copy part unless it had already been prepped and fitted by someone previously.

I know of someone who has an aerokit rear spoiler in storage, could ask him if he wants to sell it if you want me to thumbsup

good luck with the search.

Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mikee Quickstep
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Posts: 115
Location: London


PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSC911 wrote:

I know of someone who has an aerokit rear spoiler in storage, could ask him if he wants to sell it if you want me to thumbsup

good luck with the search.

Thumb


Would definitely be interested to see how much it's going for if you could ask?!
_________________
06 997.1 C2S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Zolder


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 5345
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikee Quickstep wrote:
HSC911 wrote:

I know of someone who has an aerokit rear spoiler in storage, could ask him if he wants to sell it if you want me to thumbsup

good luck with the search.

Thumb


Would definitely be interested to see how much it's going for if you could ask?!


Will ask now.

PM me your number and I'll send some pics via whatsapp Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mikee Quickstep
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Posts: 115
Location: London


PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For OP, FYI have just bought the aerokit bumper off ebay through Teile with an offer of 750 euros with 96 euros P+P for a brand new OEM bumper (advertised for 869 euros). Reckon this is the best offer you'll get.

Have also now ordered the front splitter / spolier in black plastic and the plastic grill inserts for the left and right vents from OPC.

FYI they supply the front splitter in primer for painting as a Carrera Aerokit part and the black plastic one as the GT3 part, they are identical apart from the finish. Part numbers for the inserts are 99750598700 and 99750598800.

Splitter was £254, L+R inserts were £23 each. Got them to do a trade price through mentioning the forum so £274 in total.

Good luck if you go ahead with it! Thumb
_________________
06 997.1 C2S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
robbiej
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 03 Oct 2016
Posts: 302



PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a front bumper from Teile, it is perfect but you must take off all the primer its supplied with as its not good stuff, this is why they are so cheap from them...
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mikee Quickstep
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Posts: 115
Location: London


PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbiej wrote:
I had a front bumper from Teile, it is perfect but you must take off all the primer its supplied with as its not good stuff, this is why they are so cheap from them...


Cool will bear in mind thanks! Thumb
_________________
06 997.1 C2S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Barcelona


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1348
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikee Quickstep wrote:
For OP, FYI have just bought the aerokit bumper off ebay through Teile with an offer of 750 euros with 96 euros P+P for a brand new OEM bumper (advertised for 869 euros). Reckon this is the best offer you'll get.

Have also now ordered the front splitter / spolier in black plastic and the plastic grill inserts for the left and right vents from OPC.

FYI they supply the front splitter in primer for painting as a Carrera Aerokit part and the black plastic one as the GT3 part, they are identical apart from the finish. Part numbers for the inserts are 99750598700 and 99750598800.

Splitter was £254, L+R inserts were £23 each. Got them to do a trade price through mentioning the forum so £274 in total.

Good luck if you go ahead with it! Thumb


Was this a one off or do they have more? Have had a search on ebay and can't see a Teile ebay shop?
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mikee Quickstep
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Posts: 115
Location: London


PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the listing and it said 1 available but they may just be listing one at a time as I know they have multiple ones in stock.

If you search on completed listings you should be able to find the one i won. Maybe email the seller referring to that auction and see if they can match the deal?
_________________
06 997.1 C2S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mikee Quickstep
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Posts: 115
Location: London


PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70-NEU-ORIG-Porsche-911-997-Aerokit-CUP-GT3-Look-Stosstange-vo-SWA-bumper/162788128063?hash=item25e6edb53f:g:1K4AAOSwuhFaJUvd
_________________
06 997.1 C2S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mikee Quickstep
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Posts: 115
Location: London


PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry multiple posts! This one looks like and active listing. Make an offer of 750 euros and see if they accept it. FYI I offered 700 prior to this and it was rejected.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70-NEU-ORIG-Porsche-911-997-Aerokit-CUP-GT3-Look-Stosstange-vo-SWA-bumper/152850516205?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D49131%26meid%3D2a6de6c621ef4d46b96ff95852ad5477%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D162788128063&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850
_________________
06 997.1 C2S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Barcelona


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1348
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikee Quickstep wrote:
Sorry multiple posts! This one looks like and active listing. Make an offer of 750 euros and see if they accept it. FYI I offered 700 prior to this and it was rejected.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70-NEU-ORIG-Porsche-911-997-Aerokit-CUP-GT3-Look-Stosstange-vo-SWA-bumper/152850516205?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D49131%26meid%3D2a6de6c621ef4d46b96ff95852ad5477%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D162788128063&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850


Perfect, thank you Thumb
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum