Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mesh Grills - Zunsport Discount Code

gibbs63 said:
Ive just bought some these mesh grills from Zunsport, does the bumper have to come off to fit these ? Thanks for any help.

I have a 997.1 and didn't have to remove the bumper to fit. There is a bit of measuring and marking up to do but nothing difficult with a little patience. :thumb: They do a good job and look well too boot imho.

My 997 gen1 with grills..

Attachments

• 20170514_203452_210.jpg
    20170514_203452_210.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 7,220
EGTE said:
nigel99 said:
Used this code today for 20%

PT022016

Still works!

Ordered a set today using this 20% discount code after finding leaves snuggled up against my rads :thumb:

A member in a previous post suggested you need to remove the black plastic cowl on the centre rad. Is that true does anyone have any personal experience when fitting them?

My car is a 997.1 tiptronic so has the centre rad fitted.

Steve997 said:
A member in a previous post suggested you need to remove the black plastic cowl on the centre rad. Is that true does anyone have any personal experience when fitting them?

The instructions state that you may need to nibble a bit off the back of the locating tab on number plate plinth. It is to allow the rim of the grill to nestle into position properly but i think it would have done so anyway.

I am not aware of having to remove any centre rad' shroud but my bumper style will be slightly different from yours.

Attachments

• image_324.jpeg
    image_324.jpeg
    985.5 KB · Views: 6,108
  • image_324.jpeg
    image_324.jpeg
    985.5 KB · Views: 6,108
hedgehogsdad said:
It's a shame that they don't do a set for the Turbo which sit inside the PU, rather than in front of it. I think they spoil the front of the Turbo fitting where they do.

Unless I'm missing something....

Yeah I think the same too. Hopefully they will do a re-design but I very much doubt it because of the age of the car anyway

Scholester said:
Steve997 said:

The instructions state that you may need to nibble a bit off the back of the locating tab on number plate plinth. It is to allow the rim of the grill to nestle into position properly but i think it would have done so anyway.

I am not aware of having to remove any centre rad' shroud but my bumper style will be slightly different from yours.

I've just done my tiptronic and there was no number plate nibbling or shroud removal required.

The hardest part is drilling 3mm holes into the inner corners. Before I started I hoovered out a couple of fag butts, a car park ticket & a handful of leaves, and as well as being functional I like the clean look once it's done.

Attachments

• 73332f71_3dae_49cb_b204_4c7a6a06e96d_157.jpeg
    73332f71_3dae_49cb_b204_4c7a6a06e96d_157.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,888
Spike said:
Scholester said:
Steve997 said:

The hardest part is drilling 3mm holes into the inner corners.
:?:

Spike said:
Scholester said:
Spike said:
The hardest part is drilling 3mm holes into the inner corners.
:?:

You need to drill the upper corners of the lower side grilles for Carrera models

it was quite a mental challenge for me to drill holes in my car...

anyways, after a lot longer than i'd like to admit, i can finally tick that box!

5y3G1O1.jpg

9xpq6KV.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back