Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

High Mileage on a 996 Turbo ?

noel993

Hi, is 63,000 a lot on a 2004 996 turbo and what mileage can I expect before a rebuild, Noel

The car is at least 13 years old, so low mileage and not yet "run in" if it has been looked after in the past with evidence it is a no brainier. :thumb:

That's lower than most 996 turbos out there. Works out as less than 5,000 per annum. At that mileage I'd be checking for suspension wear and rad leaks. All other rules apply ie checking service history etc. It is an old car regardless of the mileage.

Rads (check them all), suspension, turbo & exhaust heat shields will all be showing wear.
If clutch not already done it'll be needing one soon I'd imagine.

That said mine managed 72k on the factory original. :eek:

In a word: No.

Sad that we've got to the point where people worry about mileages like that, even.

Sad indeed. These the 996 tt as we know has the origins of a racing engine.

noel993 said:
Hi, is 63,000 a lot on a 2004 996 turbo and what mileage can I expect before a rebuild, Noel

Noel! 163000, should still be nowhere near a rebuild if properly serviced!

In some way 63000 could be a bad buy, if its not had rads, suspension arms, clutch etc etc, they will all be due in the near future...

63k on that engine is nothing. It's the rest of the car that needs checking for previous work.

Thats no mileage at all.

Its more age related things which will be the issue

Plenty of people running over 100k miles without issues.

As above, get it fully PPI'd to make sure you don't have a large bill heading your way from the age related fixes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back