Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo choices

Paragon are my nearest they have several but black and a no no for me.

I am considering perhaps a lesser model to dip my toe into 911 ownership and upgrade in a few years time.

SGH said:
Paragon are my nearest they have several but black and a no no for me.

I am considering perhaps a lesser model to dip my toe into 911 ownership and upgrade in a few years time.

The NA cars are very capable machines , that might be a good starting point I think you will find the 3.8S Is NOT half the car a turbo is, but it IS half the money. :thumb: :thumb:

T8 said:
Choosing between those two cars is difficult.

The Gen1 car is relatively expensive because of the below average mileage.

The Gen2 car is relatively cheap because of the above average mileage.

The Gen2 is obviously the superior car but if you're planning to use it and will be adding miles you may catch a cold come trade-in time. i.e At 80k+ miles the car would become significantly less desirable.

Buying from an OPC has great benefits but you do pay for it. In your position I'd probably shop around for a similar Gen1 car elsewhere and save £££'s. NB: If the car is standard and has decent history a 2 year OPC warranty costs just over £2k including the requisite 111 point check.

Happy Hunting.

Please don't say that, mine is just about to go through 80k!! :sad:

Was wondering how a PDK gearbox service costs £1200!!
Surely the box is a sealed unit so it's only oil and filters that are done?

hedgehogsdad said:

Mines just turned 90k... must be worthless now!

rabbitstew said:
hedgehogsdad said:

Mines just turned 90k... must be worthless now!

Anyone want mine? Free to a good home..... :floor:

easternjets said:
Was wondering how a PDK gearbox service costs £1200!!
Surely the box is a sealed unit so it's only oil and filters that are done?

The minor service due at 6 years along with brake fluid, PDK clutch fluid, belts, AWD fluid and air filter is indeed in excess of £1300 from OPC

SGH said:
It's not going to be a daily driver but would ne take long to rack up 20k miles did that in my last Discovery in 2 years of minimal use.

Just come back from looking at the Gen 2 front end had been painted as had n/s door not too well and that's put me off at the price.

The Gen 1 is a distance away from me but the ceramic brakes are a worry.

My max budget is around £65k and really wanted peace of mind with OPC warranty and worried about buying elsewhere.

Shame as a gen 2 with around 30k to 35k miles would be at least £80k at an OPC. Even buying privately you are not going to get a decent gen 2 with less than 40k miles for less than £75k

Even 3 years ago at the bottom of the depreciation curve you would have struggled to find a decent gen 2 for £65k

Bikeracer1098 said:
SGH said:
It's not going to be a daily driver but would ne take long to rack up 20k miles did that in my last Discovery in 2 years of minimal use.

Just come back from looking at the Gen 2 front end had been painted as had n/s door not too well and that's put me off at the price.

The Gen 1 is a distance away from me but the ceramic brakes are a worry.

My max budget is around £65k and really wanted peace of mind with OPC warranty and worried about buying elsewhere.

Shame as a gen 2 with around 30k to 35k miles would be at least £80k at an OPC. Even buying privately you are not going to get a decent gen 2 with less than 40k miles for less than £75k

Even 3 years ago at the bottom of the depreciation curve you would have struggled to find a decent gen 2 for £65k

I think the price must reflect the poor paint on it as they were not interested in getting it sorted. Salesman said nearest Porsche Approved bodyshop was too far away and sales jobs I guess from this one get done by some Fred in a shed.

Bikeracer1098 said:

OP, if you are prepared to buy privately and move quickly you might get lucky.

This one for instance...www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709309837699 was up privately a few months ago for mid 60s. Looked a good buy at that price point but sold within 48hrs.

Best of luck with your hunt.

maph said:
Bikeracer1098 said:

OP, if you are prepared to buy privately and move quickly you might get lucky.

This one for instance...www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709309837699 was up privately a few months ago for mid 60s. Looked a good buy at that price point but sold within 48hrs.

Best of luck with your hunt.

Private sale market feeds the dealers high price offerings so don't be scared to go down this route with a PPI after getting a speedy [refundable] depoisit in the vendors account.

I've had a look at 997T prices on the back of this thread and I was quite shocked - there is not a massive difference between 991 Turbo and 997 Turbo prices out there.

At the moment my hope of moving up from a 996T to a 997T is going nowhere! I can see me 'downsizing' to Boxter or Cayman....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back