Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

If you had £75k to spend on a Porsche....

997 Gt3 for me. add a few bucks and get a clubbie.

the zingari advice about getting a cheaper air-cooled and using the thing, this is the best idea, you can get a decent old sc or 3.2 targa, spend a little each year and drive it whenever you want, its what i do, its not the end of the world if a few bubbles appear, and you will totally love it, trust me. :thumb:

Palladium said:
the zingari advice about getting a cheaper air-cooled and using the thing, this is the best idea, you can get a decent old sc or 3.2 targa, spend a little each year and drive it whenever you want, its what i do, its not the end of the world if a few bubbles appear, and you will totally love it, trust me. :thumb:

^^ This for me or (blasphemy alert :D )..... a really nicely sorted '69 model year 912...!

Mk1 GT3 996, but if solely for road use then it would be 100% 964 all the way, for me.

I'd be haggling hard on the mint green RS rep at JZM. Possibly trying to find the owner for a proper conversation. If I couldn't get it for £55k ish though I'd be looking at any other sorted 964.

As for the pedals, it varies person to person. I never once even noticed it in thousands of miles driving my 964s (C2 then Turbo).
I drove from Northumberland to Dover then Calais to Hon fleur in one stint once and I was perfect at the other end. My Turbo was an awesome road car.
I've never understood the outcries but I guess we are all different body shapes.

Regarding pre 964 era cars. My personal view is that they are beautiful but flawed. I couldn't live with the brakes and they are slow. Definitely more of a classic ownership experience than a driving tool.
964 is the sweet spot. Proper suspension, brakes, classic big headlight looks and quick enough to keep you interested. Although getting more than 300bhp out of them gets expensive, 300bhp is enough.

996 GT3 for me!

Is it going to be your only car?

If so I would rule out air cooled, I wouldn't look forward to driving my 964 on a daily basis, GT3/GT4 could also become tiresome.

If it's a daily get a 997 Turbo, it does everything well and is relatively safe depreciation wise.

Sadly most will say what they have, 911's whatever the model will always devide opinion.

Only you will know what you really want.

Boba fett said:
Sadly most will say what they have, 911's whatever the model will always devide opinion.

I agree here Boba boy.

It is such a personal thing and lets face it, it ends up what you like the look of sometimes and floats your boat rather than residual values.

Boba fett said:

I can definitely recommend that the OP does NOT buy a 997.1 C2S for £75k... perhaps 3? :p

The choice is totally down to the type of driving. I would be in a 996.2 GT3 for weekend or track fun, but you'd get a decent 991 which might cover miles a bit better as more of a daily driver.

I would say 996 GT3 MK1, however I am slightly biased!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back