Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat Belt Webbing --------

aaannnddddd who was asking for Acid Green??

SB-WEB_20mx50mm_FLYEL.jpg

v8fettler said:
aaannnddddd who was asking for Acid Green??

SB-WEB_20mx50mm_FLYEL.jpg

:floor: that would have been great for my old gen1 :thumb:

v8fettler said:
Love this Idea, woul dnever have thought of it, Id have gone to eBay for the complete units or something!

I have a Black/Black Turbo, with Silver Belts. Theyre better than black, but not my taste, I like a bit of colour.

Im thinking of the deep red/burgundy colour on the bottom of this pile...

seatbelt-page_seatbelt-webbing-stack-1.jpg

Or maybe the Purple on top if I grow some balls....

I do like the deep reds and Burgundy with black leather, the one your looking at will look great :thumb: The coloured belts really lift the interior of these cars :grin: glad your not going for the third or fifth one up from the bottom same pile :floor: :floor: :floor:

I've some samples coming in the post, my mates got a brand new GTS with red belts I'll check against those for a good match to oem.

Just a word of warning guys, as I did this, if you are doing this yourself don't let the belts fully retract, if they do there is a chance that you might not be able to get them to release, also the belts will only release when at the correct angle as if they were mounted in the car.
I let one fully retract as I was "playing" around and then I couldn't get it to release, when I spoke to Quickfit they told me that when they retract there might not be any slack left so they can release, in which case you have to send it back, they have to cut the belt and then refit a new belt.
I was lucky in that as soon as I had mounted the mechanism the belt released and everything was good :D

nikos525 said:
Just a word of warning guys, as I did this, if you are doing this yourself don't let the belts fully retract, if they do there is a chance that you might not be able to get them to release, also the belts will only release when at the correct angle as if they were mounted in the car.
I let one fully retract as I was "playing" around and then I couldn't get it to release, when I spoke to Quickfit they told me that when they retract there might not be any slack left so they can release, in which case you have to send it back, they have to cut the belt and then refit a new belt.
I was lucky in that as soon as I had mounted the mechanism the belt released and everything was good :D

Good tip!! Did you go for red and are you happy with the colour does it look oem? I'm just about to post mine and still trying to weigh up who I send to.

silvermilnec said:
nikos525 said:

Good tip!! Did you go for red and are you happy with the colour does it look oem? I'm just about to post mine and still trying to weigh up who I send to.
Yeah I went for red, the colour is very close to OEM, it's not a 100%, but if you've got nothing to compare it to, then it looks spot on.

Attachments

• img_1100_504_137.jpg
    img_1100_504_137.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 6,195
They look spot on Nik, it really lifts the black interior :thumb:

Anyone gone white belts, Miami Vice style ? 8)

wildej said:

:eek: can't decide if thats cool or not. I am thinking on a white car with white centre console and black leather it might look stunning, but not sure about any other car maybe silver :dont know:

Phil 997 said:
They look spot on Nik, it really lifts the black interior :thumb:
Thanks Phil, I'm happy and for the low cost, compared to everything else on these cars, I think it's a top mod :D
wildej said:
I know guys with the yellow belts complain about how easy it is to get them dirty I can only imagine how dirty white ones would get :eek:

I've got Silver, and the cars only done 9,000 miles, so couldnt say if theyll get grubby?? But I'm not a fan....

I'm gonna hopefully get some 'Red Wine' colour... I may need to ask these two vendors if they can work with other webbing providers if they don't have the right colour. I found (and then lost :nooo:) this Ozzy one, with lots of choice, and made to similar specifications as our UK regs, so hopefully ill find it again, its a yes and I'll get it sent over. The US guys won't send it, only to a US address, so I'll have to get my mate Tony to send it on for me...

The US Site....

http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/category/Seat-Belt-Webbing.html

v8fettler said:
I've got Silver, and the cars only done 9,000 miles, so couldnt say if theyll get grubby?? But I'm not a fan....

I'm gonna hopefully get some 'Red Wine' colour... I may need to ask these two vendors if they can work with other webbing providers if they don't have the right colour. I found (and then lost :nooo:) this Ozzy one, with lots of choice, and made to similar specifications as our UK regs, so hopefully ill find it again, its a yes and I'll get it sent over. The US guys won't send it, only to a US address, so I'll have to get my mate Tony to send it on for me...

The US Site....

http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/category/Seat-Belt-Webbing.html

I've a sample from fdts and my red belts arrived today from quickfit, I'll take a picture side by side so you can see the difference in the reds, the fdts ones are more a wine red :thumb:

For anyone looking for red here the difference between the two companies on this thread, the actual belt on the left is mine just done by qwickfit.

Pictures obviously come out darker and the darker red on the right does look really nice in the flesh but I'm hoping the one I chose matches my newly trimmed steering wheel :thumb:

Attachments

• 46bd543b_745a_4152_a91f_7cb01f546987_178.jpeg
    46bd543b_745a_4152_a91f_7cb01f546987_178.jpeg
    682.8 KB · Views: 5,735
All looks stunning. Does lift the interior up alot and it's a cheap mod :thumb:

Cheers

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member