Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GUARDS RED

It has also had 3 owners, last one owned it for only 5 months or so he lives about 1/2 mile down the road from me and has had more vehicles than I've had hot dinners.

They were keen to do a deal, but not a pushy as all the OPC's I have visited.

What would be a good price ?

SGH said:
Is guards red a bit "marmite" when it come to re-sale ?

Works for me....

Attachments

• 907a6129_7abe_4fbc_a0b1_8015d3ea3339_997.jpeg
    907a6129_7abe_4fbc_a0b1_8015d3ea3339_997.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,503
SGH said:
It has also had 3 owners, last one owned it for only 5 months or so he lives about 1/2 mile down the road from me and has had more vehicles than I've had hot dinners.

3 owners, even if any were just for a short time, isn't an issue. For many it's a 'tick the box' car.

As they don't generally deal in Porsches I'm sure they'd be very keen to move it on even if only for a small profit.

They'd say quite rightly that the mileage is a big + but they may not realise that the 3.6 isn't as desirable as the 3.8 (S).

At an OPC with a 2 year warranty I'd still want some money off that asking price. If you could get it for £44k it would be a fair price for what looks like a cracking car. Sort the warranty situation out with them first though.

T8 said:
SGH said:

3 owners, even if any were just for a short time, isn't an issue. For many it's a 'tick the box' car.

As they don't generally deal in Porsches I'm sure they'd be very keen to move it on even if only for a small profit.

They'd say quite rightly that the mileage is a big + but they may not realise that the 3.6 isn't as desirable as the 3.8 (S).

At an OPC with a 2 year warranty I'd still want some money off that asking price. If you could get it for £44k it would be a fair price for what looks like a cracking car. Sort the warranty situation out with them first though.

:thumb:

I always prefer the brighter colour 911s proper bold porsche colours. that one is a stunner if its checks out with a ppi and you can get it for the right money grab it and enjoy it :thumb:

GR gets my vote followed by white then grey ... but not much in it for the right car / price. I settled for grey. Find it really weird how many are black .... (defo not for me........ maybe i am weird) :bonk:

I paid 46.5K for mine in June at an OPC and its warrantied until March 2020.
Mines a GR Carrera, Manual, Sports Seats, Sport Exhaust, Standard Spring, 19" Carrera Sport alloys, Red console like the one you linked and a few other minor trinkets. One previous owner and 20K miles when I bought it.

Personally that feells like strong money for a PDK at a private dealer. If the warranty can be trasferred then I'd be tempted but as others have said you need to know exactly how they plan to do that.

P

moonigan said:
I paid 46.5K for mine in June at an OPC and its warrantied until March 2020.
Mines a GR Carrera, Manual, Sports Seats, Sport Exhaust, Standard Spring, 19" Carrera Sport alloys, Red console like the one you linked and a few other minor trinkets. One previous owner and 20K miles when I bought it.

Personally that feells like strong money for a PDK at a private dealer. If the warranty can be trasferred then I'd be tempted but as others have said you need to know exactly how they plan to do that.

P

Low mileage demands a premium, there are two other low miles 3.6's at OPC's (both just under 50k). The 3.6 is also rarer with less choice, and a 'perceived' lack of desirability (which is rubbish).
I wouldnt worry re the warranty it will be being sold 'on behalf of the owner' (lol) Even the most reputable Indys do this, how would Porsche ever know (or care) re the warranty?
If you could get that car at a good price its a cracker, the dealer will only have paid high 30's for it, and probably done little prep :thumb:

Best colour in my opinion. I also like Ruby Red.

Red cars are statistically faster as well...

benbuhagiar said:

Actually white cars are a shade quicker I believe :thumbs: :floor:

Guards Red is one of my favourite colours. So much so I have had 2! Never been an issue come resale time always plenty of interest. In fact the only bad point is that on club drives you invariably end up at the back as you are 'easy to spot' :hand:

On the one you are looking at I'd negotiate hard I brought my 3.6 in October and paid £38k
Aqua blue
PDK
PASM
Memory heated seats
Chrono
Bose
Nav
50k mileage

Do't worry about the less desirable bit either. Performance with the chrono is pretty similar (to mortals) and the extra £220 per year saving in tax plus 32 mpg on a run do leave a smug smile on the face

SGH said:
Offered them £40k for it this morning they rejected negotiating now at around £42k

:thumb: Good man

spongebob squarepants said:
benbuhagiar said:

Actually white cars are a shade quicker I believe :thumbs: :floor:

That's because race cars start out white...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back