Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Choices 997 Turbo Cab

robbiej

So I might say a few things that might not go down to well on a Porsche forum.

I've sold my Nissan GTR after nine and half years, I loved the paddleshift dual clutch and after having a foot issue (I'm now OK) I like just 2 peddles.

I sort of like the 997 Cab I have but I want GTR speed. I don't think a Porsche is as robust as a Nissan but needed a change. I had planned to trade in the C2 and the money I have from the GTR for a 997 Turbo.

The tip box feels a bit pedestrian to the dual clutch in the GTR. Nissan designed the GTR to compete with the Porsche Turbo (I've met the designers of the GTR) but the 997.2 Turbo with PDK was the Porsche counter. I was around with all the Porsche drive of the GTR and been a passenger on the ring with a Nissan racing driver that set the 7.26 time.

I've driven a Turbo 6 speed and tip but not a PDK. I needs to be a cab as well, my other half will drive it.

997.1 cab Turbo tip £55K to £62K
997.1'5 cab turbo tip £60K
997.2 cab PDK turbos are £77K+ Turbo S £80K

The extra money comes out of the flexy mortgage and more moaning from the wife on the more I spend. She is not stopping me she says...

Am I not looking hard enough and why is the trade in so low on the C2, just the time of year? should I wait for more cars to come to the market. Try and sell the C2 first....

Sell your cars privately, sell a kidney (preferably the wife's), borrow what you can.....within reason and hold out for the right price 997 tt pdk, but make sure all is done before March.

Why March, Alex? Spring pricing factor?

Yes.

Fingers crossed then, as that is when I plan to put the 996 Turbo S Cab up for sale!

I wonder how much my wife's kidney would go for...

if a I take a 3K hit on the 997 C2 Cab I can sort it now....

Depends how much she drinks!

That kidney is going to be well-used then....

so i'm thinking on the 997 cab turbo 1.5 that way I might keep in favour of the wife...looks like they will take mine in trade it makes it easy....

the 997.2 carbon brakes are scaring me if I chipped one disk its a big bill....

Am I going to regret it.... the Guards red .2 is cheap but its just to red for me

Do the 1.5's really command such a premium over the gen 1's? Surely you'd be better buying a slightly cheaper, earlier car and getting a proper professional ICE install?

The clear choice for the OP is a PDK surely?

tom_nieto said:
Do the 1.5's really command such a premium over the gen 1's? Surely you'd be better buying a slightly cheaper, earlier car and getting a proper professional ICE install?

The clear choice for the OP is a PDK surely?

Gen 1.5 cars are more desirable but they're also newer and therefore normally lower mileage than Gen1 cars on the market - hence the premium normally asked.

PDK cars are superior to Tip's but the extra £££'s required to buy one reflects that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back